Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Wargames» Forums » AWOL

Subject: A Small Talent for War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, this Twilight Zone episode sticks in my mind. Luckily for the human race, we wargamers are hard at work improving our military skills.



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
heh heh! Despite 'naught ever' having seen this particular episode of the NEWER "TZ"-(or almost any); then I figured that ALIEN Dude had initially 'meant' for what he revealed later on. They'd hire 'moi' at least!
whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can remember discussions about whether it was all that wise to try to contact other lifeforms... the assumption frequently seems to be that they'd all be wise and benificent... Imagine if the first contact had been with the Romulans or Klingons rather than the Vulcans... or worse yet, if the Tyranids stumbled upon the Earth.

(The preceeding can be considered an audition for "Big Bang Theory".)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kazadvorn wrote:
I can remember discussions about whether it was all that wise to try to contact other lifeforms... the assumption frequently seems to be that they'd all be wise and benificent... Imagine if the first contact had been with the Romulans or Klingons rather than the Vulcans... or worse yet, if the Tyranids stumbled upon the Earth.

(The preceeding can be considered an audition for "Big Bang Theory".)

Speaking of Star Trek, does the alien in this TZ ep look like the actor that played Apollo in one of the Star Trek: TOS eps?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pmbrill77 wrote:
kazadvorn wrote:
I can remember discussions about whether it was all that wise to try to contact other lifeforms... the assumption frequently seems to be that they'd all be wise and benificent... Imagine if the first contact had been with the Romulans or Klingons rather than the Vulcans... or worse yet, if the Tyranids stumbled upon the Earth.

(The preceeding can be considered an audition for "Big Bang Theory".)

Speaking of Star Trek, does the alien in this TZ ep look like the actor that played Apollo in one of the Star Trek: TOS eps?


I think so. Either that or it's Ted Dansin (sp?)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kazadvorn wrote:
pmbrill77 wrote:
kazadvorn wrote:
I can remember discussions about whether it was all that wise to try to contact other lifeforms... the assumption frequently seems to be that they'd all be wise and benificent... Imagine if the first contact had been with the Romulans or Klingons rather than the Vulcans... or worse yet, if the Tyranids stumbled upon the Earth.

(The preceeding can be considered an audition for "Big Bang Theory".)

Speaking of Star Trek, does the alien in this TZ ep look like the actor that played Apollo in one of the Star Trek: TOS eps?


I think so. Either that or it's Ted Dansin (sp?)


I believe it was the same guy that played Lurch on The Addams Family. Ted something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kade wrote:
kazadvorn wrote:
pmbrill77 wrote:
kazadvorn wrote:
I can remember discussions about whether it was all that wise to try to contact other lifeforms... the assumption frequently seems to be that they'd all be wise and benificent... Imagine if the first contact had been with the Romulans or Klingons rather than the Vulcans... or worse yet, if the Tyranids stumbled upon the Earth.

(The preceeding can be considered an audition for "Big Bang Theory".)

Speaking of Star Trek, does the alien in this TZ ep look like the actor that played Apollo in one of the Star Trek: TOS eps?


I think so. Either that or it's Ted Dansin (sp?)


I believe it was the same guy that played Lurch on The Addams Family. Ted something?

We were all wrong!

It was John Glover!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.