Subject: Learn MR like Earth Reborn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I know, MR has HUGE rules and second edition encounters can help to introduce them like a step-by-step but I had problems going from 2nd to 3rd back and forth. Don't know if you see or read the Earth reborn rulebook: it's divided into 9 scenarios where in each a couple or more new rules are added so in the end you learn as you play: is it possible to do something similar with MR?

I mean, for example, one scenario is for moving or hiding and setup, a second with rules about fight and so on, something easy to learn step by step with easy objectives just to test the rules. I know that 3rd edition rule is build in a different way, but if someone with a deep knowledge of the game rule can create scenarios referencing to rules paragraph of the 3rd it could help learning the game faster playing it.

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the reprint will do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck dunn
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Realms' rulebook is spread out that way ... each scenario builds a different part of the game ... 1st is move ...2nd introduces combat.. and so on ..till you get to the complete realm ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the 2nd edition rulebook is broken into scenarios just like the one you described. Are you perhaps confusing the "Magic Realm in Plain English" with the 2nd edition rulebook?

If you're using Realmspeak to learn the rules, you can check off options like "Disable combat" to mimic the 2nd edition rulebook scenarios.

Let us know if you get stuck, or if we're missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Second and Third editions of the rules are the same rules.

Third edition just re-organizes them into a logical order to make reference easier and elucidates odd situations.

You can learn the game by following to programmed instruction style in the Second Edition rules and then switch to Third for clarification and reference with no problems whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.