Subject: Residual Fire and Broken firers question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wasp Factoryman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Having a 'forget the obvious moment'. I have a German unit thats laid two Residual Fire counters during the enemy's movement turn. It's just failed a Final Protective Fire roll versus an adjacent enemy unit and is now Broken. Do I remove the Residual Fire counters for that German unit, being that they're broken now. If not, do I still place a Residual Fire counter on the unit that broke them during the FPF roll.

It's one of those crucial breaching a fortified building moments so I want to get it right!

Thanks for any advice in advance,much appreciated

Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resids have no memory of where they came from. Once they are down they stay. NRH so can't cite rules. You're probably thinking of firelanes, which can be interrupted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leong Yew Lam
Malaysia
Seri Kembangan
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dont have the ASLRB tome in front of me ...but a quick question on Resid FP ....do they cower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lamskiy wrote:
I dont have the ASLRB tome in front of me ...but a quick question on Resid FP ....do they cower?

Residual doesn't cower cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leong Yew Lam
Malaysia
Seri Kembangan
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mark_WH wrote:

Residual doesn't cower cool

thanks ..that's how i always played it but was not sure when reading this post.

-Lamskiy-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the amount of Residual FP that gets placed is affected by cowering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good rule of thumb to keep in mind, is that once placed the FP of the residual never reduces for any reason. Not even concealment protect from the residual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Armstrong
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
A good rule of thumb to keep in mind, is that once placed the FP of the residual never reduces for any reason. Not even concealment protect from the residual.

Yep. My mental trick is that there's no double jeopardy: If it reduced the placement, it can't reduce the effects.

S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.