tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Brin
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also found this information saying it's off to the printers and releasing in june.

http://thegaminggang.com/2012/04/the-caverns-of-bane-advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a cool card. The drawback is tricky but not as bad as it might be, since by the time you draw a level 3 hero the game is usually pretty near the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Can't wait!

AEG delivers on the promise to give us the first female pure-fighter., per this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8796909#8796909
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
This is the sort of card diversity I really like. On face value, she's very similar to the Criochan Captain. But whereas he's slightly stronger (for Claymore, Golems, etc.), she can equip two weapons (not so many that Toryn is obsolete). I would take her double-equip over the greater strength, and she costs a bit less, but is worth one less VP, and has that brutal Aftermath effect. Very cool. She will team up nicely with a Veilminder to save my fellow heroes.

Plus, I've been waiting to see a female dwarf since Gimli joked about them to Eowyn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
BTW - Will the hero borders actually be blue this time? I know they are supposed to be blue, but mine look purplish just like this picture: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1235520/thunderstone-adva...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rabold
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
litebritedeath wrote:

Hmmmm. The preview of the Disowned is obviously in the foreground of this article, but what really has me interested is what it has to say about Treasures:

"The treasure card will have one effect if a monster is holding it and a different effect in a player’s hand."

This statement makes it seem like Treasures will be working in a completely different way from the old Treasures. For one, it seems that they will have two different effects printed on the card and it also seems that they will actually go into the player's deck after the treasure is gained? So from this it seems like the old treasure cards will be totally obsolete by the new rules, unless we'll need to remember two different Treasure mechanics from now on? That would make me a little sad, but I guess I'll see how it plays out when it's released. Still totally looking forward to this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
System thinker
msg tools
pluvia33 wrote:
litebritedeath wrote:

Hmmmm. The preview of the Disowned is obviously in the foreground of this article, but what really has me interested is what it has to say about Treasures:

"The treasure card will have one effect if a monster is holding it and a different effect in a player’s hand."

This statement makes it seem like Treasures will be working in a completely different way from the old Treasures. For one, it seems that they will have two different effects printed on the card and it also seems that they will actually go into the player's deck after the treasure is gained? So from this it seems like the old treasure cards will be totally obsolete by the new rules, unless we'll need to remember two different Treasure mechanics from now on? That would make me a little sad, but I guess I'll see how it plays out when it's released. Still totally looking forward to this!!

I think the old treasure cards keep their mechanism (as long as you play with the old sets also)

The fact that monsters "carry" the treasure which can be claimed sounds the same like the trait and trophy system which already is in the game.

It also could mean theres another type of card stack or markers, which i definately hope they dont do, too much mechanics makes the compatibility of all sets in one game more and more worse.

Switching the Thunderstone shard for the Food already wastes parts of some heros system.

They better have a look after this.

I really really like the dungeon features and stettings and cannot really understand why they diddnt include that thing into the first advance set. It really changes games, brings in variety and interest in playing again and again.

I definately hope they dont waste the game more and more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's Groo the Wanderer! Hilarious!

Also, is it just me or does she have a badger sidekick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Brin
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the badger would be a familiar as the other familiars were also pictured on the hero cards from ToR. He must have a strong will to remain BFF's with Disowned Bloodrager. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan mce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict a card effect that combos with the bloodrager to allow heroes to be discarded before aftermath effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
darquil wrote:
BTW - Will the hero borders actually be blue this time? I know they are supposed to be blue, but mine look purplish just like this picture: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1235520/thunderstone-adva...

Great question. That's the one thing I don't like about my Thunderstone: Advanced. The card colors are all screwy. The "blue" is a very dark purple. The "green" village cards are a very dark blue/green. You honestly can't tell the hero cards apart from the village cards w/o good lighting (or looking at the well done art of course). Also, there is a TON of variability in the color...tones are very different. Even the backs of the cards. Fortunately, I'm not anal enough to try to guess my deck by the back-color variation.

But the fact remains that the color printing of these cards is sub-par.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.