Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us say that I have five pieces of decoration and pay three of them for the card that lies at the fifth card space. This card I just payed for allows me to gain one decoration as soon as I take it. Can I use that new decoration with my supply of two decorations to pay the cost for this card space to blindly take the top card of the deck? Or do all six decorations need to be paid at the same time in order to take the blind card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can based on the important notice in that section that says:

"The player can pay to take the additional face-down civilization card only if he actually paid for and acquired the civilization card on this space by paying 3 decorations."

Right above that it says you get the bonus on the top part of the card immediately upon acquiring the card, so then you can immediately use it.

At first I was going to say that you couldn't use it because the rules use the word additional and mentions that you pay this increase in cost when you buy the first card, but then I noticed from the above quote that the option to buy the face-down card is only available after resolving acquisition of the first card.

So I guess I could see it either way based on a vague translation. I hope an official answer shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls