Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently won an auction for the Doom basegame and expansion. Unfortunatley, the marine cards seem to be intermingled. I'm trying to put the correct Marine cards in each box.

I thought I found the answer (see link below), but the names of the cards differed slightly (Crack Shot vs Sniper) and the number of cards differ a bit. I'm fairly confident that I have all the cards since the number of Marine cards sum up to the combo of the basegame and expansion. Please help me clear my head.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/8267/doom_cards-doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The list I've been using is such:

Base Game
Alert (1)
Front Guard (1)
Ground Assault (1)
Killer Instinct (1)
Marksman (2)
Medic (1)
Prepared (1)
Officer (1)
Recon (1)
Scout (1)
Sniper (1)
Special Ops (2)
Survival Ops (2)
Tactician (1)
Tough (1)

Expansion
Assassin (1)
Big Guy (1)
Careful (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Danger Sense (1)
Efficient Killer (1)
Lean and Mean (1)
Lithe (1)
Perfect Aim (1)
Tech Ops (1)

I'm not entirely certain that the list is accurate, I didn't compile it myself but got it off a fellow BGGer and have just assumed it's accurate. Let me know if it doesn't match what you have.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't bode well for me. Your card list doesn't match what I have. I didn't see a Recon or Sniper card in the base game or expansion... plus I only had one Special Ops card, however I do have the correct total of cards. Maybe I have more of another card type...

I'll post up the cards that I have tonight. Does anyone have any idea whether different versions of the game may have been released with different card names?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I have in my set...

Alert (1)
Assassin (2)
Big Guy (1)
Careful (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Danger Sense (1)
Efficient Killer (2)
Front Guard (1)
Ground Assult (1)
Killer Instinct (1)
Lean and Mean (2)
Lithe (2)
Marksman (2)
Medic (1)
Officer (1)
Perfect Aim (1)
Prepared (1)
Scout (1)
Special Ops (1)
Survival Ops (2)
Tech Op (1)

Looks from Shnar's list like I have extras from the expansion and am missing some from the base game.

I'll contact the seller and see whether we can solve the problem. Maybe he just has an extra set around and got the cards mixed.

Thanks Shnar!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just double checked and my list looks accurate, at least compare to the cards I own. Good luck getting the right cards. If not, I intend to create an ArtsCow deck of all the Marine Cards plus a few new ones whenever I get around to finishing that Advanced Campaign...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
All my cards from the expansion are different in size from those from the base game. Easily detected when holding them together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banjojohn wrote:
All my cards from the expansion are different in size from those from the base game. Easily detected when holding them together.

Another reason I'm putting together an Arts Cow deck of all Marine Cards so it won't be quite so detectable. Also, sleaving your cards helps against that.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have the cards you are missing, and you have the cards I am missing. Several years ago, I received the expansion in a trade from the same person who traded the Doom base game to the person who just auctioned it off to you, if that makes sense.

I just compared my cards to the list, and I am missing assassin, danger sense, efficient killer, lean and mean, and lithe, and I have an extra Recon, Sniper, Special Ops, Tactician, and Tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
I think I have the cards you are missing, and you have the cards I am missing. Several years ago, I received the expansion in a trade from the same person who traded the Doom base game to the person who just auctioned it off to you, if that makes sense.

I just compared my cards to the list, and I am missing assassin, danger sense, efficient killer, lean and mean, and lithe, and I have an extra Recon, Sniper, Special Ops, Tactician, and Tough.

Sounds like we just need to trade the missing cards. I'll send you a geekmail to work out the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
Several years ago, I received the expansion in a trade from the same person who traded the Doom base game to the person who just auctioned it off to you, if that makes sense.

Wow! What are the odds?!? I love the Geek!!!

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.