oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
Crusing around Kickstarter this evening and noticed Tom Jolly (the creator of Wiz-War, for those that don't know), has a Math Game up for backing on the site: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2104088123/got-it

It got me thinking about some of the other games he as developed and I remembered that he typically sells them from his website. I have always wanted to try G.O.O.T.M.U - which is like the Lite version of Wiz-War. (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1908/g-o-o-t-m-u)...

So, I was looking around his site and did notice this on the "How to order" page:

Quote:
Wiz-War, 8th edition $49.95, now available!
Expansion 1 To be announced
Expansion 2 To be announced
Expansion 3 To be announced

See page here: http://www.silcom.com/~tomjolly/order.htm

Not sure if this is old news, new news, or not news - but I thought it was at least cool that Tom is aware that these are at least expected to happen as far as he is concerned...

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a) Fantasy Flight Games
b) Expansions
c) PROFIT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
a) Fantasy Flight Games
b) Expansions
c) PROFIT
If it's esxpansions for Wiz War, I would gladly give FFG all my money in advance. I'm THAT crazy for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think its great FFG make a profit, if they did not, a lot of classic games wouldn't get the re-print treatment.
also i for one know that buying a FFG game, the quality is always going to be top notch. yes the inevitable expansions are predictable , but we have a choice & without the expansions lots of the games would not see the light of day.
everyones a winner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You reading this, FFG?

More Wiz-War expansion, please!

Take my money!

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book already alluded to expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
for sure, there would be one

but three?!

great !
As long as there are minis, i will buy it no matter what
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing this several times a week during lunch breaks and would LOVE some new cards and a reason to break the monster minis out (currently the effects don't last long enough to bother typically).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.