Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What does the final component do once discovered? Unlock the 7th research track which just makes healing that much more effective? The rulebook doesn't really state what it does, though it goes on at length about how to get it.

What about a variant where getting the Eureka allows civilians to be healed at full health instead of reduced; also, allowing Heroes to go to the hospital once eliminated (with the possibility of having heroes already eliminated going to the hospital)? I mean, it's the freaking antidote! Dunno about balance but to me, the antidote should do more than just make the rate of healing to reduced-side happen a bit more than it did before. In other words, an unlocked ability rather than a power-up!

Also, concerning the event card where Zeds randomly attack a village (with no hit points applied to the Zeds), does the infection level go up during this attack?

I'm going to have more questions when I check out the rules/play again (I WISH I wasn't so busy, dammit. I need to play this moar!)

Rules are finally (mostly) coming together in my head!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

here are my thoughts about the Final Component.

Once the Final Component is placed, the heroes have another challenge in picking it up. Many times, at least one Zeds unit is between the heroes and the component. And the carrying hero has to make it back to the Town Center space.
The Final Component is necessary to get the Antidote.
Winning the game with the Antidote provides you a great victory.

Having the Antidote makes "restoring order" much more effective as some heroes prevent an increase in the Infection level (even the opposite is possible now). Check the professor and the doctor data cards, please.

For my version of the game, I added some more importance to the Research Levels, the Super Weapon, the Final Component, and the Antidote. Here are two examples.

If the defenders do not pay enough attention for all those elements, the Zeds might have a great time once their secret plan had been activated. The final phase is always a kind of "All-out effort" for the undead. The defenders should be prepared for that.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is what I'm talking about. Getting the Level 8 antidote is such an issue with the FC that it should be a little more climactic than healing. The whole bit about Agee slipped my mind, but I don't recall the doctor needing the antidote to reduce infection by 2?

I still think the antidote should provide a greater ability, like what I mentioned in my original post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Moshe and Uwe! Thanks for the comments - yes, the final component gets you to the Antedote which gets you a larger victory and reciprocal benefits from some Heroes. By the way, the Antedote will have a larger role in the The Walking Zeds expansion. Don't forget that we're talking about a small segment of the overall zombie catastrophe - finding an antedote in Farmingdale doesn't help anyone else immediately (thus you get a greater victory level since you will eventually help mankind) and can only help you locally on a restricted level as getting the antedote manufactured and distributed efficiently will take a lot of time. Then you have to actually treat the infected. A long and cumbersome process. Thanks! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
Also, concerning the event card where Zeds randomly attack a village (with no hit points applied to the Zeds), does the infection level go up during this attack?

I'm also in doubt about this one. Can anyone help out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! It is a normal Hand-to-Hand Combat.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HORST324 wrote:
Yes! It is a normal Hand-to-Hand Combat.
Hermann

Great, thanks for clearing that up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.