Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert_Denby wrote:
Okay - who cares about the number of players? Can additional players select this action?

No, they can't. That's exactly the point.

If players ahead of you have filled the corn spot(s) with their dice, you can't produce corn, you'll have to pick wood or stone, or use a different spot on the board entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert_Denby wrote:
So why have the icons corresponding to the number of players? What I'm asking is - why not just have 2 spots for dice for each resource; one spot if you didn't roll (or want to use) a 4, and one spot for a 4, for each resource.

One spot isn't enough in a 3 or 4 player game, because 3 players can generate each resource (two in the regular spots, one in the 4+ spot).

I think you've got it now. Yes, there are 6 dice spots in the 2 player game, and 9 in the 3+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification Steve.

The icons indicating number of players is just there to limit how many spots are available in a two player game. In a three or four player game then all the spots are open as long as each player only uses one die per row.

UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Robert_Denby wrote:
So why have the icons corresponding to the number of players? What I'm asking is - why not just have 2 spots for dice for each resource; one spot if you didn't roll (or want to use) a 4, and one spot for a 4, for each resource.

One spot isn't enough in a 3 or 4 player game, because 3 players can generate each resource (two in the regular spots, one in the 4+ spot).

I think you've got it now. Yes, there are 6 dice spots in the 2 player game, and 9 in the 3+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.