Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Warlord Game» Forums » General

Subject: I am still thoroughly pissed off that someone stole this game from me. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Rose
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After 10 years of hunting for it...I got a copy....and got to play it about 6 times before someone that shared the gaming space I played at...got into the so called locked storeroom and took it.

I would not mind if they wanted to play it...as long as they returned it..but they never did...and I was soon not going to that particular venue. I now lament that if I ever find another.....it never gets let out of my sight when I am out at the local store or where ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Well that's a fine how-do-you-do.

In shared spaces like that there should be an implicit trust, you all assume you're friends,the place where everybody knows your name, etc. You should certainly inquire around there. You could turn up the game, and if nothing else the thief won't be able to play the game with anyone without revealing that he's a thief.

There are seven people who have The Warlord Game for trade. You probably don't have a trade match, but you could GeekMail all seven and say, "Hey, I want a copy, can I PayPal you some money or let me know what game you want in trade and I'll have that shipped to you." Half the people won't answer, but with seven traders I'd expect two or three responses and one might be reasonable. Even then this may not be a cheap option, but it's an option.

I'll keep my eyes open, I'm even going to a huge used game auction in a couple of weeks. But this is a rare bird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch!

This is the only game in my collection that I rated a 10, probably more from nostalgia than anything else, but still, so I hurt with you.

Andrew has some good advice. Inquire at the venue. If this is not the first item to go missing, there may be a suspect already. This game is rare enough that known possession could be the thief's undoing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
got into the so called locked storeroom and took it.

arrrh

Check out the eBay recent sales, the average price is way up there but there are some outriders down in the "more affordable" range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

eBay: good idea. You can also have eBay email you each time comething matching your search becomes available. Also, be sure and search for incorrect spellings ("The War Lord Game") so you can catch the copies others will miss. If you're patient, you can get stuff inexpensively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph DiMuro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Memo to the OP: if a copy of The Warlord Game pops up on eBay in the next few days, it's probably YOURS. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

eBay gives a location of offered items. It may no be accurate, but it could be suspicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dudley
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Scott

If you're watching this thread there's a copy going on the UK EBay site. Sorry - I don't know how to post links here.

The last one on UK EBay seems to have sold for 10GBP inc postage.

Cheers

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brown
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there,

Here is the ebay UK link for the auction ending on 8 July:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Warlord-Game-Rare-Medieval-War...

Postage to US will be expensive I guess.

//Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rose
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...as a follow up to an old thread. I lost the game years ago...to some little miscreant at a local venue. It sucked because I had no idea that the locked storeroom was open to the other group...or I would gave never left it.

Skip ahead to last year. A good friend...while perusing the back room if am old toy store...found two copies of this game...in remnants of their shrink wrap. He acquired both...keeping one for himself and sending me the other...under and with his demented sense if humour...I get a package with a big letter on top of the box telling me that I owed him $79.00.

As the counters were still mostly unpunched...I can only pressume that they were original packed...or reshirnked some 10 years plus with the aging of the plastic. The only casualty was the tape holding the board together.

I now have one copy for myself...and got another off noble knight for a dear friend who REALLY wanted one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well good for you that you managed to get the game again. I don't see this one go up for sale too often, and even rarer to find one in virtually new condition in some stores backroom. Then again, I don't suppose the demand for the game is very high as not many know about this title these days.

In the back of my mind I've wanted to create a Vassal module for this, but so far I really haven't had the time. One of the things that stop me is that the game really could use a re-done map. Not changed necessarily, just nicer looking.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll be able to get this to the table with some friends and have some fun with the game again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.