Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook page 4 wrote:
When a climber builds a snow cave, place a snow cave marker
face up (showing a climber digging with a shovel) in that space.
A snow cave gives 1 acclimatization point to the climber in it (like a tent in K2).
Every climber can enter an unoccupied snow cave, but each snow cave can shelter only one climber at a time.
Snow caves last only two days. When the weather marker is advanced to the next day on
the weather tile:
• Remove all face down snow caves from the board.
• Turn all face up snow caves to their face down side.

1 - When you are playing during the winter does the movement penalty on the weather cards apply to making a snow cave?

P.S. I think folko already answered this and his reply is that it doesn't count. The cost to build a snow cave is ALWAYS 1 point below 7000 and 2 points above 7000

2 - Silly question but just to be sure. If i build a snow cave (it costs me 1 movement point) on the first spaces of the mountain, the ones that give you 1 point of acclimatization point already, does this mean that at the end of the round i will receive a total of 2 oxygens? (1 from the space that i am and another one from the snow cave)

3 - It has to do with the phrase "Every climber can enter an unoccupied snow cave, but each snow cave can shelter only one climber at a time."
Does this mean that when i am building a snow cave i have to put my climber ON the token to show that he is occupying the snow cave?
And what happens when the token turns over? My climber stays on or he have to re-enter the cave the next round?

Also let's say that there is a space with a snow cave in it. No one is IN the snow cave. One space away there are 3 different (in color) climbers. I guess who ever gets there first (by turn order) gets to say that he is entering the snow cave and that now the snow cave is occupied???

folko wrote:
It is LEGAL to swap climbers in one turn. I mean use 3 points to go up with one climber and points from other card/s to go down with your second one in the SAME turn is such way that they EXCHANGED their positions.

If this is the case and one climber is IN a snow cave can they switch places but one person continues to use the snow cave?

My main question is number 3 and how it is resolved....i just don't wanna make a mistake. I think that covers all snow cave questions...

Thanx everybody in advance!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ad.1. - 1 point
Ad.2. - Yes, you will get 2 oxygens
Ad.3. - When you build snow cave, you put your climber on this, to show thet it's occipying. After day (when token is turning), you put your climber on this again (if climber stay in this field).

This story about 3 climbers... yes, hwo will be first in this field, will occuping snow cave.

Switch... you can switch yours climbers in your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all: we really enjoy this game, great work!

One additional question concerning the snow caves: Let's assume there are three climbers on the same field and one is sitting in a snow cave. What happens if the guy in the snow cave moves on, but the other two climbers stay. Who can occupy the snow cave? The first player in the row? If so, I assume it does not cost him movement points? Thanks for clearing this up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to ENTER a snow cave...so there has to be a movement point.

In your case you have to play a movement card but not use any movement points and stay at the same spot, BUT entering the snow cave.

P.S. Usually it makes more sense to use that 1 (or 2) movement point to make a new snow cave that will last for 2 rounds since the already used would last only one more.

I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, makes sense! Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kjetil Svendsen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
My Secret Santa is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
MountainRoot wrote:
You have to ENTER a snow cave...so there has to be a movement point.

Is this true? If there is a vacant snow cave in the same space as the climber, do you have to spend movement points to enter it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kjetil wrote:
Is this true? If there is a vacant snow cave in the same space as the climber, do you have to spend movement points to enter it?

No, MountainRoot got this wrong. You only need to spend movement points when building a completely new snow cave, not when entering one that has already been built (and your climber is already on that space)!

Note however, that when player A's climber moves on and leaves a snow cave on a space containing climbers from other players (for example B and C), that snow cave does NOT automatically get occupied by either B's or C's climber (as it always needs to be your turn to enter an unoccupied snow cave)!

So, the answer to quaoar10's question would be: the cave becomes unoccupied, as soon as player A's climber leaves it to move on to some other space, the next player B (but only during his/her turn!) could then claim it for one of his/her climbers for free (= 0 movement points), if that climber is already on the space with the unoccupied snow cave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm sorry, I wasn't in this topic for long time.
MountainRoot thx for information.

So, Miraculix answer correctly.
When player A leaves a snow cave, and in this spot there are another 2 climbers, the second player (B) can (if he wants) put his climber to the snow cave, for free in his turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.