Popular Tags: [View All]
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook wrote:
Each player has only one tent. At the start of the game, player chooses one tent, placing it
with their player mat, and the other tent will not be used. The rules for pitching a tent are
the same as K2, except that only one climber has a tent available. However, after a player’s
tent is pitched, either of that player’s climbers in the tent’s space may spend 1 movement
point to repack the tent
and carry it further. The player puts the tent onto their player
mat on the drawing of the climber who packed it. This climber will be able to redeploy the
tent according to the usual K2 rules. The tent can be disassembled and redeployed any
number of times. If the climber who is carrying the tent dies, then tent is lost

During the winter, does the movement penalty on the weather tiles counts on the 1 movement point it needs to repack the tent?

I guess NO but just to be sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Poland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
does the movement point have to be upward, like it is for setting up a tent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

As you can see above in my quote it says that
Quote:
spend 1 movement point to repack the tent

Since it doesn't specifically say in the rulebook that you can only use upward movement when you are using a rope then you can use whatever direction you like. Up or down it gives you movement points.

My opinion is based on the fact that in the basic game of K2 the designer specifically is saying that you HAVE to use only upward movement when using a rope to use a tent.....since he is not saying that the same thing occurs also to this situation i guess it doesn't matter.

P.S. This also is the case when playing the scenario with the snow caves. Also there is says that you only have to use movement points and nothing about exception with the ropes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo G.F.
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MountainRoot wrote:
Quote:

As you can see above in my quote it says that
Quote:
spend 1 movement point to repack the tent

Since it doesn't specifically say in the rulebook that you can only use upward movement when you are using a rope then you can use whatever direction you like. Up or down it gives you movement points.

My opinion is based on the fact that in the basic game of K2 the designer specifically is saying that you HAVE to use only upward movement when using a rope to use a tent.....since he is not saying that the same thing occurs also to this situation i guess it doesn't matter.

P.S. This also is the case when playing the scenario with the snow caves. Also there is says that you only have to use movement points and nothing about exception with the ropes.

I disagree. I think the spirit of the base game was to have rope cards downward movement just to move down, not to dig caves or setup tents. For that you have to use the upward value of the card. I guess you can argue that the expansion rules doesnt say it "explicitly", but the game is way easier if you start using rope cards like that, it makes no sense to me. But you can play your game however you want, I just disagree with making the game easier than the base game. I think they forgot to clarify it in the rulebook, but theres no reason to give rope cards a role they didnt have in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.