Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the First Bull Run Full Battle scenario, General Bee (C.S.A) is assigned 3 AMs in the scenario description. From where he enters the battlefield my inclination is to give him "March Orders" to high-tail it up to Matthew's Hill (this being historically what happened after all).

By giving him the "March Order" does that cancel out the 3 specific AMs?

Is he now only able to move on the March chit pull?

Or does he have the ability to activate 4 times (3 AMs + March)?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sort of cancels the AMs, as far as using them for activation of his brigade. He can only ACTIVATE once on the "March" orders pull. But since he has three AMs, his brigade can move up three times in that activation; with consequent fatigue of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim:

Thanks for your help.

The 3 AM movements would have to be under "Advance" Order conditions, I take it? (i.e. 1 MP for road movement as opposed to 1/2 MP under "March" Orders)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It's all under "March" movement rates and restrictions; essentially you're tripling the brigades movement allowance in this instance. This is what makes it IMHO such a powerful option-given the right conditions. The limfacs are fatigue, stacking and the restrictions on moving near/around enemy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.