Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Padget
United States
Claremont
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've mentioned elsewhere that I love this game. My only real complaint is the production quality.

The art is wonderful, but the printing was substandard. (My understanding is that Z-Man lost the first printer they'd contracted with, because they were able to make stupid money printing campaign materials for the 2008 US elections.)

Anyway, I noticed the Glory to Rome (a great game saddled with less-than-great art) had a Kickstarter project for a new printing with better art.

So last night, hanging out at my FLGS, we had the idea of a Kickstarter project to give the art of Genji the sort of production quality it deserves.

Unfortunately, I have no idea whatsoever about how to make such a thing happen, so I put it out here, in hopes that someone might.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommaso Franco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with the quality of my copy. Substandard, yes, but playable and nice to see. That's more than enough for the price I paid (50% discount).

Just my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may wish to speak directly to the designer, who is a user =
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

He may have an idea where things are with Genji in terms of contractual obligations, etc. or if he even wants to focus his efforts on Genji still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi and thanks for the interest!
I've gotten notification from Z-Man/Filosofia that the rights have reverted to me, so I can actually think seriously about this. Thanks for putting some wind in my sails.

No plans yet, but you've given me some ideas. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.