Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For everyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following link for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Note: You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

Trade Geeklist: April Showers of Games Canada Math Trade

Request GeekList: April Showers of Games Canada Math Trade - Request List

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Until Friday April 20th (8:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Friday April 20th (8:00 PM EDT) to Tuesday April 24th (8:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. Gift Certificates and Geek Gold entries are permitted. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and its contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any games (or items) in your entries which are not included, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection, default settings)

Good luck and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I not be able to see this math trade in the OLWLG?

Edit: Or not yet I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've put in the request to Jeff - hoping he'll get a chance to add it any time now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time. I'm looking to get Small World and Ticket to Ride this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
Come on Jeffy! I've got some wants to be wantin'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the OLWLG, and I've done the first sync.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like submissions have gone kind of stagnant. Think that will pick up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
Looks like submissions have gone kind of stagnant. Think that will pick up?

Yeah, you tend to get a bunch at the start, a few through the middle, and a bunch at the end. (For example, I still need to add mine...)

The submission period for this one is probably longer than it needs to be. I'm used to (and just ran) a regular local trade where we tend to have 3 weeks+ of submission period...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good with an all Canada trade anyways since they are much, much smaller than ones that include US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
At what point will the OLWLG give me the list of games that I can trade for? Every time I go to edit my wants I get an empty list.

Also, I'm sure this won't be my only question. I've never done a math trade before. I'm both excited and nervous. I don't want to be labelled a bad trader. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally added my items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
At what point will the OLWLG give me the list of games that I can trade for? Every time I go to edit my wants I get an empty list.

Also, I'm sure this won't be my only question. I've never done a math trade before. I'm both excited and nervous. I don't want to be labelled a bad trader. soblue

You have to go through the list and click "add" next to the games you want to add to your want list. Have you done this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

You have to go through the list and click "add" next to the games you want to add to your want list. Have you done this?

If you did miss this step, then do this:

- Go to the OLWLG
- Click on the trade name
- Near the top of the page, you'll see the text "You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here" - Click on the link.
- You'll see the full list of games currently in the trade.
- Scroll down and find the games that you want to add to your want lists.
- Click the "Add" button on the left, under the number, for each game that you want to add to your Want Lists.
- It will pop up a box. You can either check off the games you're willing to trade for that game, or you can just click "Save" and sort it out on the Wants page.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I just never clicked Add. Thanks very much.

Now, to go do some clicking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any point on adding multiple copies of the same game from different people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
yes.

but use the duplicate protection so you dont trade for both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
Also, This thread that the OP linked to is very good. I suggest watching them.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Travis said. If you need help understanding Duplicate Protection, let us know. It's a little tricky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have watched the videos and everything made sense except for the duplicate protection part. I'll see if I can figure it out. I'll ask if I need too!

Thanks very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic concept of Duplicate Protection is that it adds "groups" to your want list. If you say you want the group, you will only get one game from the group.

So, games that are in groups should not be on any want lists, since they are represented by the groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
The basic concept of Duplicate Protection is that it adds "groups" to your want list. If you say you want the group, you will only get one game from the group.

So, games that are in groups should not be on any want lists, since they are represented by the groups.

Oh, so I should remove the single games? I don't have any warnings anymore - I did but I fixed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and re-synch! I see another game in the geeklist but it's not on the OLWLG. Yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deathstroke wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Oh, so I should remove the single games? I don't have any warnings anymore - I did but I fixed it.

Your individual games should only have one checkbox next to them, under the name of the group.

The OLWLG is pretty good about highlighting things in red if it looks like you're doing things wrong, too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
iklinck wrote:

Your individual games should only have one checkbox next to them, under the name of the group.

The OLWLG is pretty good about highlighting things in red if it looks like you're doing things wrong, too...

I think I've got everything under control. I have no errors showing. Yay me! And thanks for re-synching - was able to add a new game to my wants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Did someone delete an item? I hit refresh and a new game popped up but the geeklist number didn't change.

At least I'm pretty sure it didn't, could just be my old brain playing tricks on me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.