Popular Tags: [View All]
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
These 2 questions came up in a game I played over the weekend using the Matriachy and I was wondering if someone could clarify.

1) If a character shakes off a wound from Zor'ka's magnifier attack, can they shake off another wound from Zor'ka's mandatory 2nd attack? We played it where the character can, since they made a separate shock roll for each attack.

2) Irishka's truncheon weapon card says 6 dice on the left, but in the description says add 2 dice if used in an attack. Does that mean she gets 8 dice? or is it 6 because melee weapons are usually 4 dice? We played it with 8, but it seemed like super over-kill...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Yes, you may shake off a wound esch time you make a shock roll.

2: It's 6 dice 4+2, the cards list the total numbe of dice traits + bonuses listed in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miah999 wrote:
1: Yes, you may shake off a wound esch time you make a shock roll.

2: It's 6 dice 4+2, the cards list the total numbe of dice traits + bonuses listed in the rules.

Thanks Miah!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
Hi,
These 2 questions came up in a game I played over the weekend using the Matriachy and I was wondering if someone could clarify.

1) If a character shakes off a wound from Zor'ka's magnifier attack, can they shake off another wound from Zor'ka's mandatory 2nd attack? We played it where the character can, since they made a separate shock roll for each attack.

According to the rules p24 you can NOT shake off another wound. During a single activation (not attack) you can use command points only ONCE for a single effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:
Hi,

According to the rules p24 you can NOT shake off another wound. During a single activation (not attack) you can use command points only ONCE for a single effect.

Wow, I just looked at the section you mentioned and you're right... I guess in our game Hoax would have died after the Zor'ka's mandatory Magnifier attack because she had already shaken off a wound from the first attack.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two trains of thought on this, and FFG has not issued an official statement.

Number one is: Shaking Off a Wound does NOT take place during YOUR activation, so that rule does not apply.

Number two is: Shaking Off a Wound, takes place during AN activation, so the rule applies.

We usually play the first way (just for friendly games), but your right that the strictest interpitaion of the rules would support the second statment more.

I have to say I did not read the OP's question closely enough, and may not have given the most accurate info. Sorry, for that.

Thanks for pointing put my error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are very clear here imho. It says "during a single activation ..." and even makes an example with shaking of a wound.

I think this is fine as shaking of a wound is very strong even when allowed only once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.