Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When scoring prestige buildings, do you score points for the cards you OWN (so those covered up as well?), or simply those visible?

2) tour d'arras: score for each white and each yellow? or do you have to choose one color to score?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Brother
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
kronik wrote:
1) When scoring prestige buildings, do you score points for the cards you OWN (so those covered up as well?), or simply those visible?

Page IX: Each visible prestige building earns Prestige Points (PPs) for all players.

On the player aid you can see that all Prestige Buildings refer to visible buildings.

Quote:
2) tour d'arras: score for each white and each yellow? or do you have to choose one color to score?

You count both colours. This is (more) obvious from the german text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Brother wrote:
kronik wrote:

Page IX: Each visible prestige building earns Prestige Points (PPs) for all players.

On the player aid you can see that all Prestige Buildings refer to visible buildings.

You're answer is slightly confusing.

The first part wasn't what I asked. I agree that only visible Prestige Buildings score points.

The second part: "prestige buildings refer to visible buildings." -> when scoring prestige buildings, do you only count visible cards? Example with Tour D'Arras: you only count visible cards? Or do you count all cards beneath as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yi-Chou Kung
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kronik wrote:
Evil Brother wrote:
kronik wrote:

The first part wasn't what I asked. I agree that only visible Prestige Buildings score points.

The second part: "prestige buildings refer to visible buildings." -> when scoring prestige buildings, do you only count visible cards? Example with Tour D'Arras: you only count visible cards? Or do you count all cards beneath as well?

I don't think so
since the cards are covered, they're not "visible".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
kronik wrote:
Evil Brother wrote:
kronik wrote:

Hi, you only count the buildings that are on top, so visible. The buildings underneath (if the same colour, thussly not removed) do count for points after you counted the prestige buildings, so the points the building is worth on the top left side are counted onto your total .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kronik wrote:

Page VIII of the Z-Man rules enumerates the benefits of Prestige Buildings.

For each Prestige Building that awards points based on activity cards played in your district, it is state explicitly that the point determination is based on visible cards.

For example:
Quote:
Tour d’Arras: Earn PPs per visible white and yellow building of Level I or II in your district.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.