Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologize for all my questions, but I have to keep asking as I get confused by the rules as I learn this game.

Rulebook on page 6 seems to indicate a cavalry unit has a "cav" marking towards the top left of a unit's counter.

I can only find a few that do, namely the Konarmiia units that serve as the example in the book.

Then I see a wide variety of other units marked with a wide variety of names and marking which hint at them being cav.

Some have it in the name, like "Don Cos Cav" right next to that unit in the sprue is Antonov 1 1A, which has the cav symbol commonly used in military symbold, the box with a diagonal slash, but no cav in the name.

So, if the counter has "cav", "cavalry" or anything like that is it cav? What about the cav symbol?

thanks,
Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the counter sheet in front of me, but if it has CAV in the name or the traditional cav symbol on the counter, it is cav. I would be surprised if any of the units with CAV in the name didn't contain the CAV symbol in the counter icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Ottoman
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David, on the counter sheet with the 5/8 inch units, there are the Konarmiia 1-3 units, all have "Cav" in the area indicated in the rulebook, then to their left are two counters with "Cavalry 3" and Cavlary 4" as the unit's name, but no cav symbols.

Then there's the Ukr Pavlenko Greens in the Comrades Guide sheet, with a movement of 5, and the cav (box with right-leaning slash) symbol in the bottome right corner.

Then there's the Antonov 1 1A in the main game sheet, movement of 3 only, no cav in the name, but the unuit graphic in the top right has the cav symbol, or perhaps that's a flag graphic only.

Only real common thread that is consistent that I can readilly see is a movement of 5 reflects cav status. Otherwise the markings vary across units, names, symbols, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if it has a speed of 5, it's cav. If it doesn't, it is not cav.

Thought I had gotten "cav" or the symbol on all cav counters, but, it's been 7 years since I worked on them and don't have the sheets in front of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.