Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up from our game groups resident rules lawyerette and so I turn to the sage advice of the experts here. The set up states that we use 11.0 to generate the zombies, and roll twice per survivor, placing any resulting zombies 4 hexes away. Now I take rolling twice as meaning 2d6, but she says it could mean doing the 11.0 scenario generation as referenced two times...meaning 12d6 per survivor.

Please ease my sanity on this scenario and tell me that I'm right and those poor three crossroads people don't start surrounded by like 20 zombies...

zombiezombiezombie
zombiesurprisezombie
zombiezombiezombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Yung
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For this scenario, I interpret the rule of rolling twice as in "rolling 6D6" twice, to be consistent with "Zombies: Generated after the survivors set up as per 11.0" In other words, 12D6 per survivor and only 4 hexes away instead of the usual 6 hexes away. Ouch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
This one confused me for a long time. For the 2nd scenario, you roll 2D6 and generate the number of zombies as shown on the dice. So 2D6 = 2-12 zombies.

Here are some other threads where I've found corroboration:

Zombie Generation thread and Zombie Generation in the second scenario.

Hope that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Yung
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the 2D6 is to generate the number of zombies as shown on the dice (2-12 zombies), however, this is only true for Turn 2 and onwards.

As for the scencario setup, I would still interpret the rolling twice as rolling 6D6 twice, as per the rules for generating zombies in section 11.0, with a modification of 4 hexes away instead of 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote earlier without having the rulebook in front of me. You're right about the 1st turn generation, and what I spoke of only applies beginning on turn 2.

Turn d10-1 Roll 12D6 per survivor and generate a zombie on each roll of a 4, 5, and 6. Place each zombie generated as such 4 hexes from the Survivor who did the die rolling.

Turn d10-2 and on: Roll 2D6 and place that many zombies (2-12) on the east edge of the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Roll twice" = 12D6 =(OMG!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses! Looks like she had it right after all. But man, that's really scary since you're rolling 36d6 total which will generate an average of 18 zombies, all of which start 4 hexes away. cry

Of course, this also means I get to face her 'I told you so!' treatment. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more quick question. Is hex 4G4 considered to be a barricade hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Ichirou wrote:
One more quick question. Is hex 4G4 considered to be a barricade hex?

I think it is, technically speaking. But that corner is just such a small part of the hex...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
I think it is, technically speaking. But that corner is just such a small part of the hex...

Exactly...it does seem like quite a stretch to think that little corner would barricade the whole hex to the zombies. Still, I was wrong before so I thought I'd ask just to see what others thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Thompson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
"Roll twice" = 12D6 =(OMG!)

At least the zombies do not move in the first turn (per explanation in "Rules questions from a newbe." in this forum, assuming that applies to all scenarios..), so if you use Fast Move for everybody, hopefully you will be in reasonable shape on turn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.