Subject: Custom maps allowing for different number of players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Udu Tont
Estonia
Tartu/Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found some beautiful custom maps of the original Civ board in the files section. However, I noticed that the maps do not have dotted lines or "panel" dividing lines. Is there another simple way to determine, which parts of the board are not in use when playing with less than 7 players? Can you recommend good custom maps that have such markings? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original map of Civilization produced by Gibson and Descartes publishers, where divided in sections (territories where grouped together in four sections). The number of sections in play was depending on the number of players.

When it was adapted by Avalon Hill, it was divided by panels. Advanced civilization was done by Avalon Hill, so they keept the panels division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AH map has a dashed line near the middle of the map that separated the map for 2, 3, and 4 players. You can make it out in this image if you look close:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udu Tont
Estonia
Tartu/Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers! I am afraid my original post was rather ambiguous. I have the Gibson edition (and I use TI3 Action Cards trick pictured on the first photo to make the game compatible with Advanced Civ ). However, I am not sure I like the Eastern part of the map, which you are forced to use when playing the Gibson edition with 5-7 players. The idea of common borders by deep sea is brilliant - unfortunately the Eastern civilizations are rather isolated. (There are some other issues as well.) The obvious solution is to use the Western mapboard but it is not compatible with Gibson edition. I was looking through the files section to find good custom maps featuring original board (not variants like Glory that was Greece) and found many. Surprisingly, the maps do not show panel divisions and other lines, which are necessary when playing with less than 7. Maybe I did not search hard enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udu Tont
Estonia
Tartu/Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, would any author of the fantastic maps find time to add the lines? Any other artistically talented kind soul? I could add the lines myself but I am rather hopeless at such tasks. Do you really want to see your superb creation marred by my incompetent attempts at graphic design?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.