Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of quick questions that came into play last night regarding personal story cards...

I can choose not to activate the personal story even if I've met the requirements right? Silas requires me to spend a gate, 3 clues, and a monster (if i remember correctly) and then he seals a gate and gets devoured... If I have all of the requirements I'm not forced to do that until I want to correct?

Minh Thi Phan's Card: Does "read a tome" count as attempting to complete a tome or does it have to be successful to place a clue token on the personal story card? Example: Could I just lower my lore to make it un-passable 2x then bump it up and have the story completed within 3-4 rounds of play?

2 part question: Can tome's that require movement sacrifice be done during ancient one battle? and can a personal story card be completed during Ancient One battle? Ex. Trade a -2 movement tome to Minh to let her attempt to complete her personal story.

As always many thanks for everyones help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first question depends on the story. If it says you have to spend certain trophies/clues then you have the option. If it says you just have to possess them, then as soon as you have them, you pass it.

For Minh, you have to successfully read the tome for it to count.

I don't think you get a movement phase during the ancient one battle, so no to Minh's story, might be possible for other personal stories, though a lot of them might not matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final battle consists of two phases:

upkeep phase: rolling for curses/blessings, refreshing items/abilities, moving skill sliders.

the actual combat phase which consists of two sequences: the AO's attack and each of the surviving investigators.

I believe the only movement action you're eligible for is trading items each round before attacking since all the investigators are considered to be in the same location during final battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. That reminds me of a question i forgot. Are all investigators in fact in the same location? Minhs ability allows for her to give a + 1 to all skills of an investigator in the same area and i wasn't sure if that counted or not so i didnt do it.

Edit: game almost needs a boxing ring location to square off vs the AO's ... Then again, my table disagrees
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does count for all the purposes and relevant abilities that can be used when the investigators share the same space. Such as Vincent Lee's healing ability at upkeep

Note though that some cards must be discarded/ or cannot be used when the Ancient One awakens. This is specifically stated on the relevant cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.