Popular Tags: [View All]
Nundo Bolas
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb

Right, so this is basically what happens before Twilight Imperium right?
If so, how could we combine this game with TI3?

I feel we need a super-epic Twilight Rex combo to make everyone go crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Neontek wrote:

Right, so this is basically what happens before Twilight Imperium right?
If so, how could we combine this game with TI3?

It happens before TI3... about 3000 years before

I believe it takes place AFTER the Fall of the Empire scenario, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct again Sigma...

SO you can play Fall of the Empire game (using the 6 races in Rex)

Then, Play Rex as the planet falls during the last days of the siege.

THEN!... skip ahead 3000 years... as the galaxy is still in turmoil and war ensues and play another game of TI using the 5 races from REX but substituting the LAZAX for L1Z1X....Ohh boy......!!!

WOw... gonna have to try that as a all weekender... now to convince the wife to go out of town that weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
atraangelis wrote:

THEN!... skip ahead 3000 years... as the galaxy is still in turmoil and war ensues and play another game of TI using the 5 races from REX but substituting the LAZAX for L1Z1X....Ohh boy......!!!

WOw... gonna have to try that as a all weekender... now to convince the wife to go out of town that weekend.

But what if the Lazax win?

Then lords of Kobol help us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eppic wrote:
Tretiak wrote:
atraangelis wrote:

Then lords of Kobol help us all.

So say we all... hey.. HEY!.. wrong forum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played with shards of the empire, but i havent played yet the before the fall scenario! where lazzax strike back before gone out

great campaing but all need to be fans of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Rex and then played TI. Great gaming session even though we did not match the races being played. The Sol could not conquer Mecatol on Rex (Victory being taken by a betraying Hacan after a joint win with the Letnev), but they ultimately ruled the galaxy in TI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Tretiak wrote:

I thought Shards of an Empire allowed the Lazax to be playable? Or is that only in the specific special scenario?

Do the Lazax have a race card for use in normal games or do their rules only work in the scenario?

EDIT:
Ok, I just read the Shards of the Empire rulebook. Lazax does have a race sheet but the rules say to only use it in the Shards of the Empire scenario, for both game balance and historical reasons. If you were more concerned about acting out the campaign talked about above you could simply ignore that restriction and do it anyway. Perhaps altering the rules on the Lazax card in a small way to make them more suitable to a normal game of TI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
Tretiak wrote:

I thought Shards of an Empire allowed the Lazax to be playable? Or is that only in the specific special scenario?

Do the Lazax have a race card for use in normal games or do their rules only work in the scenario?

EDIT:
Ok, I just read the Shards of the Empire rulebook. Lazax does have a race sheet but the rules say to only use it in the Shards of the Empire scenario, for both game balance and historical reasons. If you were more concerned about acting out the campaign talked about above you could simply ignore that restriction and do it anyway. Perhaps altering the rules on the Lazax card in a small way to make them more suitable to a normal game of TI.

The problem with the Lazax race sheet is that it is massively overpowered compared to the other races. In the special scenario this is fine, as it is meant to be a "everyone against the Lazax" game. In a normal game, the Lazax would be at an enormous advantage.

EDIT: Anyway, the point of the campaign would be to recreate the events of the period of twilight that the galaxy enters after the invasion of Mecatol Rex. If the Lazax win at the special scenario or Rex, then the events of Twilight Imperium never happen. If they *don't* win, then the Lazax are scattered among the stars with their closest descendants being the L1Z1X. They just wouldn't be appropriate for a normal game of TI3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Well, perhaps just use the Shards of the Empire scenario to lead into Rex. Whoever wins Shards of the Empire gets a bonus in Rex. Shards of the Empire supports alliance victories so you could get some cool, self made thematic play decisions from your players.

Regular TI is set a few thousand years later, so it would be harder to make it feel like the players are following on from the events of the last game played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not convinced that canon dictates that the Lazax lost Rex. A lot can happen in all that time; maybe they won the battle but lost the war. Heck, maybe it was their success at reestablishing control of Mecatol City that convinced the other races that they needed to get the Lazax out of the picture permanently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
I'm not convinced that canon dictates that the Lazax lost Rex. A lot can happen in all that time; maybe they won the battle but lost the war. Heck, maybe it was their success at reestablishing control of Mecatol City that convinced the other races that they needed to get the Lazax out of the picture permanently.

Going a little OT here...

IF you read between the lines about cannon..(i am going to interject some of my own assertions here)

The LAZAX (majority of population) left REX due to contamination of the world after the first war.

(assertion) the Race split... Some whent the way of the L1Z1X.... and others remain as hidden colonies in the galaxy (distant suns "LAZAX survivors")

so it can be surmised that the LAZAX race is not wholly wiped out but due to social issues split along two divergent paths... IS it possible for FFG to make a 3rd Expansion having the LAZAX return as a playable race in an attempt to reconquer REX... man i hope so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
(assertion) the Race split... Some whent the way of the L1Z1X.... and others remain as hidden colonies in the galaxy (distant suns "LAZAX survivors")

Those who went the way of the L1Z1X did so before the intial bombardment of Mecatol, when the Lazax guy (Ibn something) left with a relatively small group of people and burned the Hall of Cartography (so nobody could follow them). He recognized the doom of the Empire and tried in vain to convince the masses to listen, but nobody would, so rather than be destroyed, he left preemptively.

I'm fairly certain that none of the survivors of the Mecatol bombardment ever joined the group that later became the L1Z1X, because nobody knew where they went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Sánchez
Spain
LM City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Dune more than TI3.

I can´t understand why they did this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Flojo wrote:
I like Dune more than TI3.

I can´t understand why they did this!

They couldn't get the rights to Dune. What's not to understand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm just a voice in the wilderness, but I bought this because of the twilight imperium theme.

In any case, your comment has no place in this thread, Flojo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lesson learned from the continued outrage:

There is always one more person who didn't bother to read the memo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.