Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You ever have the opponent that no matter what you do in play... they just smile at you and cream you anyways... that's my wife.

We played 3 games and she beat me in all three... we were just playing for a straight win... no most of this or straight line of that... just get the pattern and finish the match.

First game was a close one... if close meant that your partner let you think you had a chance by feigning a win for most of the game and then in 4 straight moves... BANG. She's done.

Second game... I was in a cloud trying to find my way out... and she was just plinking away... move by move. I had nothing and she capitalized on my inability to make winning or even progressive moves.

Last game... I'll admit it... I wasn't even trying to win... just mess with her and ensure that for once we ended in a draw. I bounced her pieces over to me and back... shifted the pattern around and just played in an incomprehensible fashion... and even then... 2nd to last card in the deck... she makes a drum roll sound and says... "Booyah!!" and then in a smaller voice she says... "booyah... is that what you say when you kick your husband's butt in this game?" and she smiles ever so sweetly.

It's a wonder I don't have a complex over playing games with her... she's kicked my butt in every game we've played except "Scissor/Paper/Stone".

Still... another great game set and I love playing with her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clements

Dallas
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know what you mean.
My wife beat me in a record 19 plays in a row of assorted boardgames. In Race for the Galaxy alone she's won more than 14 before stopped counting.
And yet here I am a military historian and longtime student of strategy. Bizarre. Makes me wonder if something is going on subconscious, lol. But I do love playing with her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.