United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
123 backers - $7,528 - Halfway to the funding goal already! Amazing!

It has taken just 5 hours and 29 minutes to get to this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:

TM is getting one more chance at this Kickstarter thing from me. Let's hope they learned their lesson with Eminent Domain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:

Just shy of 2/3 the way there, with 146 backers and $9469... in just 10 hours. It would be incredible to hit the funding goal in 24 hours, but it's starting to seem doable. 55 days left??? Ay carumba. surprise

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafka wrote:
JoffW wrote:

TM is getting one more chance at this Kickstarter thing from me. Let's hope they learned their lesson with Eminent Domain.

Yes, learned...

JuliaZ wrote:
JoffW wrote:

Just shy of 2/3 the way there, with 146 backers and $9469... in just 10 hours. It would be incredible to hit the funding goal in 24 hours, but it's starting to seem doable. 55 days left??? Ay carumba. surprise

JAZ

I left this as a long funding time to make sure there would be enough time that $75,000 could be hit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kafka wrote:

What lesson? This trolling of Tasty Minstrel gets old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Kafka wrote:

I think TMG has had it's share of hard lessons from being on the forefront of the Kickstarter wave. Every indication so far from the Ground Floor project is that many lessons have been not only learned, but put to good use!

I'm looking forward to an awesome KS campaign, and I look forward to seeing Skyline added to the mix for those who pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Kafka wrote:

To be fair, I've been a defender of TMG, but it's fair to say that they made some mistakes on the Eminent Domain kickstarter. Some things were promised that were pretty vague and were interpreted by fans differently than the way they were carried out (like, "this may be the only way to get these planets," or whatever the line was that led people to believe that the prestige planets would be exclusive or semi-exclusive), where the solution would have been probably to not make the vague promise in the first place. And also something like bringing product to a convention (Gen Con? I forget...) before kickstarters got it, looked like just solid business sense at the time but also generated bad press (not that the number of copies would have been nearly enough to fulfill kickstarter demands or in any way delayed fulfillment).

I think that people don't realize that TMG is a tiny company experiencing some growing pains, and they don't give Michael enough credit. I truly believe they were and are trying to do a good job, and I always think that small independent companies deserve the benefit of the doubt, always.

But it's not necessarily trolling to imply that TMG might have some opportunities to improve on its previous kickstarter projects...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've backed it just like I back all TMG products, to support an independent game publisher who isn't afraid to experiment with different techniques in design, publishing and marketing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note, is TMG planning to start production before the deadline?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metzgerism wrote:

I was wondering that too. On one hand, it seems like there's already a pretty good print run building here. On the other hand, the funds aren't released by Kickstarter (minus 5%) until 10-14 days after the project closes. That's a lot of money to have hanging in the balance, even for a successful small publisher.

I hope it's sooner in that I would love to get the game SOON, but I can totally understand if it's a whole 70 days from now before the cardboard meets the ink.

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:
metzgerism wrote:

I was wondering that too. On one hand, it seems like there's already a pretty good print run building here. On the other hand, the funds aren't released by Kickstarter (minus 5%) until 10-14 days after the project closes. That's a lot of money to have hanging in the balance, even for a successful small publisher.

I hope it's sooner in that I would love to get the game SOON, but I can totally understand if it's a whole 70 days from now before the cardboard meets the ink.

JAZ
Actually, I wasn't really wondering that - it was really a little nudge

I'm under the impression that Michael's got all his ducks in a row, having used Kickstarter for enough projects to see the true turnaround time. If October is the estimate, it should be accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JuliaZ wrote:
metzgerism wrote:

JAZ

The big question mark is hitting the $75,000 mark. Or looking like that will be hit. The artwork on Skyline should be quick and simple, but it is not done yet.

That is why we have allowed for october for delivery. The artwork for Ground Floor is basically finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.