Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that AEG is transitioning into boardgames and now looking for worlds to develop over more than one game, you would think they would consider returning to 7th sea/Theah for some inspiration. I love this world and am sorry to see it neglected so badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drewchap wrote:
Given that AEG is transitioning into boardgames and now looking for worlds to develop over more than one game, you would think they would consider returning to 7th sea/Thea for some inspiration. I love this world and am sorry to see it neglected so badly.

I agree... but sadly, AEG has given up on 7th Sea and the Legend of the Burning Sands settings... :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of these sound like much more interesting settings than what they're doing now. Admittedly, their faux-Japan setting is pretty cool too but I've tried L5R and the game just seems pretty blah to me. Something ELSE in that same universe would be fine though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I totally agree. If Wizkids can resurrect the Pirates of The Spanish Main IP for a freakin' card game (yes, a card game!) then AEG should be able to do wonders with 7th Sea.

Or, if the gods smile upon us, AEG's first LCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
endou_kenji wrote:
drewchap wrote:
Given that AEG is transitioning into boardgames and now looking for worlds to develop over more than one game, you would think they would consider returning to 7th sea/Thea for some inspiration. I love this world and am sorry to see it neglected so badly.

I agree... but sadly, AEG has given up on 7th Sea and the Legend of the Burning Sands settings... :/

At least Burning Sands is still kind of around, since it's technically part of the L5R setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a pretty big pirate bubble during the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Maybe they're waiting for the public overexposure to pirates to fade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that there might be a "new" LCG format available here. Since AEG is so into Factions, to release faction specific story packs, with a mixture of unaligned cards would appeal to both collectors and players...I'll buy them all, cuz that's what I do, but my students can grow with the game without investing all the extra cash. The Fantasy Flight model doesn't have to be the be all end all of LCG models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG has so many awesome dead CCGs that would translate wonderfully to LCG type games, I'm surprised they haven't tried it out yet. Heck something that was mostly reprints at first would likely do great. They could use Kickstarter to start it up even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/features/9802-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I am such a huge Pirates fan! would love to see more Piratey games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, we have the impending release of Doomtown: Reloaded. Is it possible 7th Sea might be next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drewchap wrote:
Now, we have the impending release of Doomtown: Reloaded. Is it possible 7th Sea might be next?

Scuttlebutt on Twitter is that AEG is planning to develop 7th Sea (along with Warlord) for re-release. However, it is still some time away; they want to continue to focus on Doomtown right now. Watch It Played tweeted about it. https://twitter.com/WatchItPlayed/status/577980610238640128
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.