4 Posts

Village Tale» Forums » General

Subject: Any news on this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
baba ganoush
msg tools
Hello! To the Designer / Artist,

I'm really interested in this game and I'm planning to print a copy and play test soon.

I'm just wondering if there's any news or any changes I should know of before printing?

Are you happy with the way the game is now?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post! I have a bad habit of not seeing things through to the end, and sadly this game is a victim of that. I did at least bring it to a playable state, but haven't addressed concerns that others have raised, added any artwork, or done any serious play testing. I also suffer from the habit of wanting to play everyone else's fantastic published games, and there's only so many gaming hours in a week!

Hopefully my creative spark will be reinvigorated in the future and I can put more work into this. Am I happy with where the game is now? Well, I think I mostly accomplished what I set out to do, but it's not a ten for me yet, so there is room to improve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb

yea I know what you mean! I'm the same way.

I found your game b/c its very similar to something I had in my head..

I wanted to have drafting or deck building and the ability to actually construct/develop something ingame.. with player interaction and short!

this really looks like a fantastic start!

not too fussed about graphics, but are there any big gameplay issues?

anything I can do in terms of house rules or a quick sharpie edit to the cards to improve playability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only big imbalance I've seen is when one player gets a lot of one color, plus the building that gives you points for having the most of that color, plus the person which gives you points equal to your highest scoring building of a color. If a player gets multiple copies of both of those cards, he can get a lot of points in those cards alone. Other players just have to make sure that they don't let a player abuse this combo by drafting the cards that player needs.

I hope you enjoy the game! Let me know what you think could be improved, or if you think the wording on any cards or in the rules is difficult to understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.