Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is better, Cream of Wheat or Malt-o-Meal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the tagline on your avatar before: "it...it was". Was that from Christmas story?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
I liked the tagline on your avatar before: "it...it was". Was that from Christmas story?

It was Snoopy attempting to start his novel:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Components: Both games are comparable. I don't think component wise they can be compared to each other. I think both have really sturdy boxes, nice artworks and good cardboard pieces.

2. Complexity / Ease of Learning: Pastiche is really, really easy to learn and teach. Road to Canterbury has a few more rules, but it is not too complex.

3. Replayability: Here I think you will find enough differences. First, RtC does play up to three players, which is an uncommon number of players. Where I can see myself playing Pastiche many many times, RtC is probably going to be played less often. Pastiche fills that niche of a game that is entertaining as a light game where RtC may not be as agreeable. The fact that in Pastiche you are just doing color combinations and dealing with traditional paintings makes it real easy to teach to all kinds of players of all ages. Teaching kids or conservative players to force a passersby to sin so you can sell them pardons is probably not a good idea.

4. Pastiche is good, but it is more an activity to pass time. I would say it is fun. RtC is fun, though not really great fun, unless you manage to squeeze the theme out of it somehow. I want to like RtC a bit more than I do.

Given the choice to keep just one of the two, I would probably pick Pastiche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacDoanld
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It... It 'twas... soap poisoning!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacDoanld
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_was_a_dark_and_stormy_night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
Which is better in terms of:

1. Components

2. Complexity/ Ease of Learning

3. Replayability

4. Fun (is it enjoyable to play?)

Thanks!!!

Honestly, go with your instinct.

For your criteria, I suspect Pastiche would be what I think you are looking for.

However, personally - I can't wait to own a copy of Road to Cantebury. And this is coming form someone who is a conservative Christian with liturgical leanings, so either there's a seat already reserved for me "down below" or I have a slightly irreverent sense of humor and trust that God is bigger than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.