Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without having the rules available and not knowing what the loops on the back of the figure stands will be used for... I dragged out my collection of Zvezda Samurai miniatures. I have 4 sets of infantry, 2 sets of cavalry, and 2 sets of commanders.

I've bought a new can of primer and a new set of brushes. (I have a feeling these figures will eat many brushes).

Anyone else starting on this type of project as we wait for Samurai Battles to get to our retailers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a bunch of 10mm Minifigs samurai that are primed but not finished. I may take those up again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right with ya Steve. I had bought 100s of these couple years ago and wanted to do a C&C conversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
I found a box of each (infantry, cavalry, commanders) immediately after hearing about the game. There were a few boxes still available for about 15-18 US$ each on Amazon (two were US, one was a UK source, I think)

The cavalry were gray, and the cavalry in the base game (also gray) look like they only come two-to-a-base, while there's a slot for a third horseman. I'll have to check the rules first, but I think it would just look nicer to have a third horseman on the base, so those guys will probably do service just fine.

The infantry/commanders came in a dark red color. Their bases were rectangular and appear to be larger than the bases of the figures that will come in the game. I might be able to trim the bases of the red dudes, and use them as leaders. That would be cool, and make the leader-ed units really stand out. I have seen that some of the infantry/commander figures come in gray plastic, though, so I may have just got lucky!

The plastic is a slightly softer variety than say GW miniatures, so I don't know about painting them. I've tried priming this softer plastic with GW primer, and even after washing the minis, it flaked right off really badly. Do other primers work well on this softer stuff? It would be cool to paint some of the red dudes gray to use them in the game, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that.

My painting queue is faaaaar too long to consider painting up all these guys for this game, even if I can find the right primer!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.