Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: AFV top view rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Chad Jensen games and I love GMT...
I've just read the rules of FF and I think this is my next buy... Only thing that annoys me is the side view for AFV and guns...
So I'd like to know if there is anyone here that would be interested in a new set of counters for AFV and guns with top view... Maybe GMT could P500 an upgrade kit for this thing...
I know other threads exist on this matter but I'm just curious to see how many BGGers would be interested now... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if it came with a counter that depicted a german or soviet pack horse silhouette on one side with a picture of that same animal beaten to death on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:
Only if it came with a counter that depicted a german or soviet pack horse silhouette on one side with a picture of that same animal beaten to death on the other.

laugh thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bolter wrote:

Top view of the scene of course!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
collezionista wrote:
bolter wrote:

Top view of the scene of course!!!!!!

I haven't thought about that yet. I am still trying to decide whether the side with the dead horse on it should be the active side or not. Currently I am leaning in favour of this option. People with photoshop skills are needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'd order replacement countersheets in a heartbeat if they would have the topdown view of AFV's and Guns. And you all can keep the dead horse.

I happen to love Combat Commander, and liked FF til I got tired of the constant visual incongruity of seeing AFVs squirming over the map on their sides. In a game of firearcs, facing, and counters identified by individual type of AFV or Gun, the sideview in my opinion is an epic fail at graphics design. No matter how much some folks suggest that it was the total consensus of the most learned, or that "playtesters" could ID the vehicles better from the side verses top (which to me is illogical and implausible) I believe it was more a case of ease and access.

But it seems that some cheerleaders here think that the sun rises and shines over Chad's games, and if one has a criticism at all about them, they get their panties in a wad. Hence they predicate their frustration on some poor defenseless dead equine, and in the process make a male-donkey of themselves (which a less civil person would call a jackass).

Funny, this was one of the first things that hit me strangely in this game, and was the final straw that broke it for me. If second edition and/or others in the series were to be topdown, I'd go back to it in a flash. As it is, I've many less irritating games to play, which are just as good at taking up my time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Miner
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the sideview counters , why I bought this game over others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bishop
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
like the detail of the side silhouette (perhaps way better than a line drawing dull top down view in my opinion), actually like the game: good system good rules, good art....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.