Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in high school a friend had a strategy board game that we played and I enjoyed and would like to possibly purchase myself. My only problem is that it has been 10+ years since I played it, and I cannot remember at all what it was callled. I'll try to explain the game as best I can and if anyone knows the name, it would be much appreciated!

In this game each player draws cards from a single pile and the cards are used to control "countries" on a map. You can gain control of these countries by having the most "flags" or "swords" on your cards. For example, an opponent has played 3 cards with a total of 3 flags for a certain country. In my hand, I hold 5 cards for the same country, with a total of 4 flags. I could play my cards, have the most for that country, and would then take control of the cards my opponent had played.

I don't remember the exact mechanics of scoring or winning the game, but I do remember that there was a "magic country" where you could cast spells from if you controlled the country. Mostly we did not allow the casting of the spells because they were quite unbalanced.

This would be an older game, as it was played back around 1995-1999.

Hopefully that explanation made sense......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 122014. phubbadaman
  • 1d20 =
  • (15) =
  • Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:02 pm
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the The Great Khan Game???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
This?

EDIT: ^^^ beat me to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mastandrea
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it. Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.