Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what the species of the flying eagle would have been in the 1840s in those parts. My kids have spied me playing it and are pestering me with daft questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a bald eagle to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Will pass it on next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Ziobro
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
superrobot wrote:
Does anyone know what the species of the flying eagle would have been in the 1840s in those parts. My kids have spied me playing it and are pestering me with daft questions.

We have golden and bald eagles. Juveniles can be hard to distinguish from each other, but both genders of adult bald eagles have the distinct white head.

There are also 17 hawks and falcons in the Pacific Northwest and the largest of them can easily be confused with eagles.

http://enature.com/fieldguides/view_default.asp?curGroupID=1... has great photos to help you identify.

All that said, my money's on the bald eagle. It's so iconic that many other birds are overlooked in its favor.

JAZ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.