Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo... does anyone actually think this is getting a reprint?

Yes, I see that it's on the list, but seriously, how long can this take? The entry for it is dated 7/14/11!

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I submitted the question to FFG customer service. Got an immediate response (wow), but sadly it's not what I wanted to hear:

Quote:
We are probably not going to reprint the revised rulebook, as it is available as a PDF and in the current copies of the Tannhauser base game. If you don't wish to print it out on your printer, you could have it printed at a FedEx/Kinko's or other copy center. Otherwise, the only way to get the published version is by purchasing the base game. If we do decide to reprint the rulebook, you will see an announcement on our Upcoming page. Thanks and have a great day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Abrams
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry if you wanted the Revised rules, but FFG's answer makes sense.

People who owned the base game and wanted the new rules have probably bought them already.

People who didn't already own Tannhauser get the Revised rules when they buy the game now.

Why keep offering something separately if there's no real demand for it anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that kinda sucks... have you looked at amazon or another big reseller?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:
Well that kinda sucks... have you looked at amazon or another big reseller?

Yeah, I have. For some reason 3rd party resellers have really marked it up... a lot. I might as well buy a new edition of the game if I'm spending $40 for the rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigthos wrote:
Yeah, I have. For some reason 3rd party resellers have really marked it up... a lot. I might as well buy a new edition of the game if I'm spending $40 for the rulebook!

That's no good, especially since the tend to fall apart. I had two and both discentigrated in a couple weeks, and I've heard many others complain of the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.