Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably the first time I've ever felt this way about a game, but I truly wish I had some blanks for High Frontier, specifically so that this could be included:

http://osiris-rex.lpl.arizona.edu/sp_tagsam.html

Now, granted it would need some special rules, but Here's what I'm thinking:

Quote:
Base game:
Mass: 1
ISRU: 1

Special Rule: May only be used on Size 1 sites. Once used, is decommissioned.

Quote:
Advanced Game:
Mass: 0
ISRU: 1
Rad Hard: 1
Reactor: Any
Therms: 0

Special Rule: May only be used on Size 1 sites. Once used, is decommissioned

Of course, I'm a little unclear as of yet what the black side of the card would be... Perhaps just a non-disposable version... not really sure how that would work in reality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

I always thought that the kinetic sampler idea was something that could be in HF (wherein you ram your ship into a world and use light spectrography of the resulting plum of dust and 'hopefully' water).

Like a rule where a rocket robonaut could prospect on a suicide run to world... especially useful on bigger worlds where you cant afford the lander fuel cost (this idea was relatively recently used to some degree of success on Luna... sorry dont have a link handy).

I should also mention you can buy spare decks for HF... but they're not exactly blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.