Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Robinson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ok I have searched the forums, but I can't find the answer:

1. Why are there so many VP tokens when you only put 3 on each turn spot?

2. Once the building is built, do you keep the VP tokens in your tavern or immediately put them back into supply and score on the track.

I have read and re-read. Maybe I am looking too deep into it. I just can't find a reason for so many.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group plays it that you keep the tokens and score them at the end of the game with your lord and other resources, but I doubt it matters.

As to why there are more, there is a building that accumulates VP every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
You remove the tokens and immediately score them. There is extra because there are things like one of the buildings where you put a VP token on it each turn until someone places there and then they score that many points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
You cash them in and then advance your marker on the VP track. There are extra tokens because some buildings require their placement upon them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ahh ok now that makes sense. I have not played through all of the building cards. I guess if I would have LOOKED through all of them I may have figured that out. When I get a new game I try to play through the items rather than look at each one. It gives me (and my group) a greater element of suprise. On the flip side, it can lead to pouring over rules midgame looking for a certain icon that just showed up. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
triguy wrote:
Ok I have searched the forums, but I can't find the answer:

1. Why are there so many VP tokens when you only put 3 on each turn spot?

2. Once the building is built, do you keep the VP tokens in your tavern or immediately put them back into supply and score on the track.

I have read and re-read. Maybe I am looking too deep into it. I just can't find a reason for so many.

Thanks

This is the thread you were looking for to answer the first question:

Reason for so many VP tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brevity exceeds allocated space
mbmbmbmbmb
It really doesn't matter whether you score them immediately or not. While it's nice to have the score track up to date, it's also nice to have a little pile of VP tokens in your tavern. The only problem possible is if the 3VP/turn building was filling up and no one had scored their tokens. It might be possible to run out of tokens then, but in that case, just score some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We let players accumulate them if they want...they like the idea of the score track not being quite 100% accurate and being able to play them at end-game as sort of a "take that" mechanic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.