Subject: Ogre Designer's Edition Launched on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ogre Designer's Edition Kickstarter Page

Already 75% funded just hours after launch.

STRETCH GOALS

$40,000 - Build your own Ogres! We will post blank 3-D designs online for the Mk III and Mk V, so you can cut out, color, and assemble your own, assuming you have the right tools and/or inhuman patience. Send us photos!

$75,000 - Another bonus! We will create a big Exclusive Kickstarter Counter Sheet and add it FREE to every Ogre game ordered through Kickstarter. A double chipboard sheet (about 10" x 16") of 3-D counters, including a lot more buildings and one each Ogre Mk III and Mk V with graphics exclusive to Kickstarter supporters. New Ogre colors!

$90,000 - Four new Ogre scenarios designed by Steve Jackson will be posted to the SJ Games website: one each week during the month of November (the game’s release month). At least one of these will play off of something new introduced on the $75K counter sheet.

$100,000 - A bonus for everyone! We will include the Ogre blueprint poster in every copy of the game, and we’ll announce at least one more stretch goal.

$120,000 - At this level, the game dice get much nicer for everyone. Instead of using the standard die material, urea (which is available in only a few standard colors), we will order a mold suitable for acrylic dice. This will increase our die cost, but we will be able to create the dice in many more (and cooler) colors, forever.

$140,000 - At this level, your game gets heavier (again). A new 8" x 10" sheet of terrain overlays will be created and added FREE to every copy of Ogre bought through Kickstarter.

$150,000 - Your support has earned you an early release for YOUR copies. At this point, we will have enough Kickstarter copies to fill a 40-foot container. So . . . that container will be the first one shipped out, and Kickstarter copies will start shipping two weeks before the regular release date.

$200,000 - At this level, you have made the game MUCH better for everyone! Instead of two double-sided maps, every copy of the game will include four single-sided maps. You will be able to use all four maps in a single game if you want to! If we reach this goal, our print costs will go up a lot, but so will the awesomeness of the game, and your support will have made that possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ogre Designers Edition Launched on Kickstarter!
What is the difference between $100 and $150 levels?

I'm reading it as $50 for a Tshirt and two lapel pins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechairman wrote:
What is the difference between $100 and $150 levels?

I'm reading it as $50 for a Tshirt and two lapel pins.

Plus PDF copies of Ogre Miniatures Rules, The Ogre Book and Ogre Scenario Book One.

(See below)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
$100 - THE GAME! One copy of Ogre Sixth Edition, plus everything from the $25 level

$25 - The above, plus PDF copies of The Ogre Book and Ogre Scenario Book One.

So is the 'plus everything from the $25 level' a typo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechairman wrote:
Quote:
$100 - THE GAME! One copy of Ogre Sixth Edition, plus everything from the $25 level

$25 - The above, plus PDF copies of The Ogre Book and Ogre Scenario Book One.

So is the 'plus everything from the $25 level' a typo?

I reread it. You're right, you already get the PDFs at the $100 level.

Amending my previous post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Schulteis
United States
Bourbonnais
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would do the $150 level. The lapel pins and t shirt can be added separately for $35 by overpaying the $100 level.

I must be missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thechairman wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out why anyone would do the $150 level. The lapel pins and t shirt can be added separately for $35 by overpaying the $100 level.

I must be missing something.

Yes, it makes no sense.

You can pledge $100 then add $8 for the pins and $20 for a T-shirt.

$128 gets you everything $150 gets you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heiligmann
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
30 years ago, I was put on the original Car Wars!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to name an Ogre, so that's the level I'm at. Goes with my avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Full
United States
Vienna
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When this project was first announced I told my wife she was required to buy it for me as a gift. I can lay my gaming habit squarely at the feet of Ogre, the Avalon Hill game Wizards, Car Wars, and the Hobbit game. I played all of those every single weekend with my best friend in elementary school.

I am ecstatic to have a deluxe edition of Ogre to play. Heck, it almost makes me tear up a little remembering all those good times as a wee one... eating Doritos and playing board games!

So, we are in for a copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think we need a bigger boat.

Seriously... I predict this may be first truly "big one" that has a shot at hitting something like $500,000.

This could be the KS campaign that pushes more "big time" publishers into printing or re-printing games on KS. By the end of the year I predict a $1 million KS boardgame campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.