Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that I haven't seen lvoverride in a while and how I miss him. Then I was thinking about some other players who have disappeared.

Here is a thread where we can wonder if our old loves will ever return to us.

This thread is always to be read with "All the Girls I've Loved Before" playing in the background:

lvoverride
redemption99
bosworthdelajive
Kaldar
Spud
Moozers
deborahjeanne
thyren
Teh Brawl Guy
woodjh

Come back to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen Americanadian since late last year. Anyone heard anything from him to explain his absence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
I was thinking that I haven't seen lvoverride in a while and how I miss him. Then I was thinking about some other players who have disappeared.

This thread is always to be read with "All the Girls I've Loved Before" playing in the background:

lvoverride
redemption99
bosworthdelajive
Kaldar
Spud
Moozers
deborahjeanne
thyren
Teh Brawl Guy
woodjh

Come back to me.

lv is in a game right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!! Funny how a 'baby' WW player is starting this thread... There were 871 other games played before you came in the scene.

I would love to hear about players from the first few years or so who aren't playing anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yeah including lv is fail I am just reading his posts in a game right now As for bosworth and Moozers, them being the guys I've played with the most, yeah where are they? And Americanadian as rgatti said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:

lvoverride
redemption99
bosworthdelajive
Kaldar
Spud
Moozers
deborahjeanne
thyren
Teh Brawl Guy
woodjh

Come back to me.

and, awww, spud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
Well yeah including lv is fail I am just reading his posts in a game right now As for bosworth and Moozers, them being the guys I've played with the most, yeah where are they? And Americanadian as rgatti said.

The deal with lv is that I haven't been in a game with him in a while AND he is not involved in The Village Square at all. So, I just haven't run into him.

But I can still miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:

and, awww, spud

I was wondering here for a few minutes where I 've seen that name before.. Yeap, Spud was the first person I ever read as evil correctly (in my very first werewolf game). Him and Goo though fooled a good and crashed us in the end. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Smeagol
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may also add tofarley, wifeofagamer, and Sharv 2.0 to the list of those missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yiatzi wrote:
miraria wrote:

and, awww, spud

I was wondering here for a few minutes where I 've seen that name before.. Yeap, Spud was the first person I ever read as evil correctly (in my very first werewolf game). Him and Goo though fooled a good and crashed us in the end. angry

Ah, good times. I think that's the only time Spud and I were in Wolf Chat together.

I just reread the chat and it's not that funny. For some reason, Spud makes me funny and I make him funny. We've been in chat rooms here and there where I get crying from laughing so hard.

We've got a good funny chemsitry. We should have taken our show on the road. There was a time before Spud left California where we would sit and talk over coffee every day for 2-3 hours. That's a lot of jibber jabber. Now he's been out of CA for like 3 years. I miss that guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:
Ha!! Funny how a 'baby' WW player is starting this thread... There were 871 other games played before you came in the scene.

I would love to hear about players from the first few years or so who aren't playing anymore.

Gosh, do I dare dig around in Cassy and find a few dozen names??

Off the top of my head:

shugyosha
MoonGoddess
MunchWolf
Ron Stuckel
Genghis doesn't play anymore though he hangs around the forums
janiera
BagpipeDan - though he's got a game in sign-up
Alexfrog
Redhawke
HerbieGRD
Denise
CapAp
Luthien
Luthrin
SecretSauce
Latria

I'm drawing blanks and remembering only partial names now ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
Quality games cleverly crafted.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:

*couhg*wereghost*couhg*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:
janiera

Don't know if many remember but janiera is a rl friend of mine. She's doing well, just no time for online WW anymore. It's been a little while because I still have no car but in a perfect world I'd be gaming with her and her husband twice a week. She is also pretty busy since having her little girl who is now in the Girl Scouts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, and although I've never actually run into him in any game since I've been playing here... I want to know what's up with arkibet. He's STILL the only WW player I've actually met, even if that was over 4.5 years ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp is probably just waiting for another Champs game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
rgatti wrote:
Okay, and although I've never actually run into him in any game since I've been playing here... I want to know what's up with arkibet. He's STILL the only WW player I've actually met, even if that was over 4.5 years ago...

Arki is the type of player that comes into the forum once or twice a year, plays a few games and then leaves again.

If you start a game and personally invite him to play there's a good chance he will do it.

I remember my BSG wolfchat with bwt and arkibet fondly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp still pops up in the RSP forum between stretches of riding the banhammer for stuff that he said in the RSP forum.

BDP BPD was going to mod a game of Futurama WW, but it never wound up happening. I had my Hermes avatar and badge ready to roll.

*edit: acronym*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:

I know, right?

I do LOL that some of the people mentioned played for six months??? and are missed.

Though, admittedly, I miss some of them too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Anaheim
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jamgar wrote:
Snaak wrote:
rgatti wrote:

Arki is the type of player that comes into the forum once or twice a year, plays a few games and then leaves again.

If you start a game and personally invite him to play there's a good chance he will do it.

I remember my BSG wolfchat with bwt and arkibet fondly.

I remember My paranoia chats with bwt and arkibet fondly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte wrote:

I was so close, though. I knew some of you guys from BSW back then. I remember all the Werewolf buzz, but was more like, "I don't know what that is... let's play another Attribut!"

If I'd have paid attention to what you all were doing, I could have been a founding father. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Snaak wrote:
Belash wrote:
I know, right?

I do LOL that some of the people mentioned played for six months??? and are missed.

Indeed! People like Wood for instance, I mean who cares?

Exactly.

Now enwood, on the other hand... kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Corrin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Traveller Werewolf - more games planned
badge
Still have werewolf games in sign-up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
xandryyte wrote:

I was so close, though. I knew some of you guys from BSW back then. I remember all the Werewolf buzz, but was more like, "I don't know what that is... let's play another Attribut!"

If I'd have paid attention to what you all were doing, I could have been a founding father. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody.

Yep, a baby. Goo is ranked as 15th in games played and 13th in games modded. Being around for (only) 43% of all the games.
Similarly he has been around for 40% of the life of this forum, his first game (which also happened to be my first game) was Jul 7,2009, or just under 3 years ago, whereas the very first game was Apr 21,2005 or almost exactly 7 years ago.

Perhaps Avin could run a query of everyone who played in what at least 10, 20 games and hasn't played in the last 6 or 12 months...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xandryyte played in game one and has 674 games played.

EVERYONE is a baby compared to her. And after 674 games played, don't you think everyone is entitled to semi-retirement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People I miss or wish I knew what they were doing:

Kaldar (Doing well in school I hope)
TheArchAngel (I hope healthy)
JCWid (Wish she played regularly or ever)
shugyosha (He was just so awesome)
BagpipeDan (Seriously crazy and fun)
melissa (loved playing with her)
le_cygne (pops in once in a while, but I miss him)
buffalospynovel (Her and her family! NickAnner, you give her back!)
7ofAnn (Too busy saving lives, sort of)
bluebehir (moderator and player)
ctrzn (RAWR!)

So, like xandryyte, I miss a lot of players that stopped playing before most of the players here even started playing. We can talk about games played, games played recently and top fifteen lists, but as an active member of this community, most of my connections with other players were made when I was playing consistently.

Do I like many of the newer players, hell yes. Do I miss them as much as those I learned werewolf with? No.

To each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Belash wrote:
xandryyte played in game one and has 674 games played.

EVERYONE is a baby compared to her. And after 674 games played, don't you think everyone is entitled to semi-retirement...

Cal Ripken?
Lou Gehrig?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.