Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just upgraded to Win 7, and I'm getting my browswer favorites, etc. set up. When I log in to BGG I get the "Loging succesfull" screen, it shows me how many GMs and subscriptions I have new, etc.

When I click on the BGG Icon in the top left of the page, I get blank sign in boxes again. When I then click on another link on BGG, without again signing in, I appear to be signed in (it indicates my GMs and subscriptions, etc.). However, when I then type in the url for BGG (to go to the home page) I appear again to be signed out. So, from the front page, I'm unable to access my mail or subscriptions.

I'm using IE 9.0.8112.16421, if that matters. I'll normally use Firefox, which I haven't installed yet.

Also, if this matters, I have a freeware program called Syncback running, transferring my backed up files to my hard drive after the OS upgrade. I tend to doubt that matters, but what do I know?

Can anyone tell me what's up, and how to correct this?

Thanks,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using IE 8 and it happens to me as well, I just refresh the page which seems to work.
Don't know if this will help you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I sign in, I end up not playing games or doing anything else productive for an apparently unbounded amount of time. This happens no matter what browser I use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple1 wrote:
I'm using IE 8 and it happens to me as well, I just refresh the page which seems to work.
Don't know if this will help you though.

Right, duh, I could have tried that, refreshing the page instead of clicking on the banner. I'll give that whirl.

In general, its seems that there are some minor "whackiness" issues with BGG and IE lately. None of them are terribly destructive, just strange. I'm used to web sites not working well with any browser except IE, haven't seen the reverse before.

Thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaysachs wrote:
When I sign in, I end up not playing games or doing anything else productive for an apparently unbounded amount of time. This happens no matter what browser I use.

It probably doesn't help that you keep having your new games shipped to random households across the country, never to be seen again...

Oops, those were "inside words," did they sneak out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this exact behaviour from time to time since over a year now.

Just click any link, or refresh the page and it's going to be alright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop IE.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Drop IE.

whistle

At home I can do (and have done) that. Other places, not necessarily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Firefox can be installed onto your desktop without the need for admin rights or registry access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was having that issue whith Chrome earlier tonight but IE 9 is working fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Firefox can be installed onto your desktop without the need for admin rights or registry access.

I actually have admin rights to my computer at work. The company doesn't want me installing that kind of stuff, so I'll keep it legit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Run it off a USB stick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Garlinghouse
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this problem from time to time, OS and browser versions don't seem to make a difference, it seems to strike randomly. Once I get signed in, I stay signed in, just to avoid this problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Run it off a USB stick?

Nope, no attaching non-company devices, USB sticks, etc. There's no reason for me to use a different browser at work, IE works fine for work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.