Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
60 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Men with greater upper body strength more likely to be Republicans! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Chuck Norris FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I've seen studies that show conservative ideologies correlate with lower cognitive ability, so I guess this evens things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Cool, I've seen studies that show conservative ideologies correlate with lower cognitive ability, so I guess this evens things out.

Fuck that. Why bother with verbal sparring when you can just beat the shit out of the liberal pussies and take their stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

http://fringe.davesource.com/Fringe/Politics/Conservatism-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Zaphod wrote:
jmilum wrote:

http://fringe.davesource.com/Fringe/Politics/Conservatism-an...

I'm somewhat skeptical.

His survey sample was

Quote:
The evidence is based on 1254 community college students and 1600 foreign students seeking entry to United States' universities. At the individual level of analysis, conservatism scores correlate negatively with SAT, Vocabulary, and Analogy test scores. At the national level of analysis, conservatism scores correlate negatively with measures of education (e.g., gross enrollment at primary, secondary, and tertiary levels) and performance on mathematics and reading assessments from the PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment) project.

The survey drops out the college kids at 4 year and higher institutions, but yet measures them against PISA. I'll admit I just skimmed the methodology, but I'm suspicious that the sample, as a result, isn't being properly controlled for.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Fuck that. Why bother with verbal sparring when you can just beat the shit out of the liberal pussies and take their stuff.

It would be stupid to put yourself in such a position, the liberal pussies aren't the stupid ones...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

It would be stupid to put yourself in such a position, the liberal pussies aren't the stupid ones...

If that were true, and we all know it isn't even if only some of us admit it, then everybody would be a liberal pussy and the entire world would be one endless parade of balloons and unicorns. But it isn't, because the liberals keep fucking things up.

That's why we need action heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, let's settle this like men. Mud wrestling at dawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
All right, let's settle this like men. Mud wrestling at dawn.

Real men don't waste time wrestling Marc. they just set up a hide, dope their scope and wait for someone who looks like he's busy out-thinking those inferior conservatives. Then they remove his head from his neck with one round, pack up, high five their spotter and go get pizza and beer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Liberal pussies invent the nuke, get the fuck out and then nuke from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
I'm not a liberal but pretty sure I can beat DW, BJ and Drew in a fight.

Please explain further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Thulhu?
Mexico
Sonora
flag msg tools
|)@r+# +#¿£#¿
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, extrapolating out the usual co-variables, would this study then conclude that Republican/Conservative men, being more often high-testosterone men, are more likely to behave as if entitled to bullying and intolerant behavior, more likely to be unfaithful in their monogamy, more likely to be murderously violent and warmongering, and more likely to treat others in an inequitable manner? These are not flattering stereotypes to embrace.

... but sounds about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife went to Griffith university. A great place to score pot but not exactly for the quality of its research.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
What about lower body strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Well I guess that settles it. I'm Republican.

Does it count if it's only my right arm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I invite you to Illinois to try it any time, Grandpa. To sweeten the pot, whoever wins gets to pick the next game to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I invite you to Illinois to try it any time, Grandpa. To sweeten the pot, whoever wins gets to pick the next game to play.

Dude, you won't even know I'm there until you're lying in the dirt, face down, with your eyes dimming as the last breath of life leaks out of you. I have never, ever fought fair. Never. I value my own physical well-being way too much to let some big Mexican guy pound on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I value my own physical well-being way too much to let some big Mexican guy pound on me.

That's not what Juan and Horacio down at The Bear Pit say…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, if you shoot me how are we supposed to play games afterward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
jmilum wrote:

Dude, you won't even know I'm there until you're lying in the dirt, face down, with your eyes dimming as the last breath of life leaks out of you. I have never, ever fought fair. Never. I value my own physical well-being way too much to let some big Mexican guy pound on me.

So "beat the shit out of" in Trippese means "hide and snipe from a distance" in English. Got it.

And the liberals are the pussies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Okay. Fine. If you want to be a big baby about it I'll use this:

Then I wanna try out that Lords of Waterdeep game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

Dude, you won't even know I'm there until you're lying in the dirt, face down, with your eyes dimming as the last breath of life leaks out of you. I have never, ever fought fair.

Pffft...This gun toting democrat was a decorated US military trained sharpshooter. I'm certainly not worried about some 60's pot smoking hippy who has to don bicfocals to shoo kids of your lawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Nerf gun technology has come a long way since I was a kid. When I was ten I thought that Nerf bow & arrow set was the coolest thing ever invented.

Come to Illinois, we'll get BJ down and make a gaming weekend of it. You can be the designated driver while the rest of us tear through all the craft beer and scotch we can find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Dude, you won't even know I'm there until you're lying in the dirt, face down, with your eyes dimming as the last breath of life leaks out of you. I have never, ever fought fair.

Pffft...This gun toting democrat was a decorated US military trained sharpshooter. I'm certainly not worried about some 60's pot smoking hippy who has to don bicfocals to shoo kids of your lawn.

I don't want to brag, but I had the high score on "Police Trainer 2" in the arcade at the movie theater I worked for in high school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Nerf gun technology has come a long way since I was a kid. When I was ten I thought that Nerf bow & arrow set was the coolest thing ever invented.

Come to Illinois, we'll get BJ down and make a gaming weekend of it. You can be the designated driver while the rest of us tear through all the craft beer and scotch we can find.

Funny thing, my daughter and her husband just bought a house in Grayslake last month. I already know that's pretty close to Milwaukee and not far from you. It could happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.