Popular Tags: [View All]
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired a copy of the 2nd Edition of War of the Ring and happily tore into the shrink. Upon inventorying it only I found I was missing the Ringbearer miniature. I sent off an e-mail to Ares and got a polite reply the same day asking for my address. Amazing customer service.

EDIT: I forgot a grammar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too acquired WotR 2nd Edition and had a similar experience, only my misfortune was completely my fault:

In my efforts to try my hand at painting the miniatures, I ruined one of my Nazgul figures. I wrote to Ares with the inquiry as to how I could go about buying one individual Nazgul to replace my ruined one. They replied the next day, asked me for my shipping address, and said there was no charge for the new Nazgul. I had my new miniature days later.

Awesome.

EDITS: grammar/spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
Well at least the ringbearers don't do anything important...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I said in the e-mail, it's not as if I couldn't use a proxy piece, but still

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How is the OP experience "amazing"? It's expected. They left out a part and replaced it. Hell, it's minimum required as far as I'm concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no warranty, they are not required to do it. It isn't essential to game play. They got back to me the same day and shipped it the next. It could have taken much longer than it did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.