Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi all,

I just recently got into AH with Dunwich being my first expansion. The instructions tell me to replace some items/spells from the original game but from what I can tell the publishers already corrected the errata.

Curious, what did people do? Should I replace the cards anyway (to remedy any 'dilution' concerns) or should I just mix the duplicates in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steward
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't recommend just throwing the replacements in the mix without taking out the old ones. Otherwise you are going to artificially increase the chances of drawing those cards and artificially decrease the chances of drawing the other cards. You will get really sick of drawing "Flesh Ward".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They are to replace cards from earlier prints which had errors. Mine were corrected too. Just keep them aside as you don't need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to disagree with the other Arkhamites on this issue ~ I bought my copies of both AH and DH after they fixed the problem, yet I've included all cards from both sets into the Items and Spell decks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entropy Mu
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I discarded the spells, as they flooded the deck. I kept the nice stuff, like healing stone. It helps the investigators to pick and choose, but not by that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We replaced ours, as per the Dunwich rulebook. Two healing stones was tempting, but we decided that nah, we'd play it square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin King
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
Gathering since 1995
badge
!!!!Cube!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the extra Healing Stone into my unique item deck (my AH and DH versions are identical), but the deck also contains items from all expansions so the extra stone helps against dilution. I'd probably leave it out if the deck just consisted of AH or AH+DH unique items.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept the originals, which were the same as the DH cards and added all the DH cards into the appropriate decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blended everything (of course, I'm also using both the "Barred from Neighborhood" Cards from the original CotDP and the Patrol Markers from the revised version)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Rex
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have them in a random AH expansion box but I didn't put them in their respective decks since I purchased an updated copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.