Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gradually expanding my war game horizons. I recently acquired Panzer Command in a trade. I am wondering if it would be a good first chit pull game? To give you an idea of my experience level I have played C & C: Ancients, Memoir '44, and Battle Cry. I have also played Strike of the Eagle and Manoeuvre. I have played Napoleon at Waterloo and Combat Commander: Europe solo a couple of times.

What's your suggestion? Am I good to go for Panzer Command or should I try something simpler?

I really appreciate the combined wisdom of the wargamers on the geek. Thanks for your enlightened opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McNeely
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think you should probably be able to handle it. If you want a simpler chit pull game I started with the World at War: Eisenbach Gap series. Very simple and fun. Also lots of tanks. Chit pull games really make the solo experience fun in my opinion since it gives more opportunity to ruin your perfect plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
A Victory Lost: Crisis in Ukraine 1942-1943 is an excellent chit-pull game that is quite a bit simpler than Panzer Command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
zuludawn wrote:
A Victory Lost: Crisis in Ukraine 1942-1943 is an excellent chit-pull game that is quite a bit simpler than Panzer Command.

If you are lucky to find a copy! MMP published a follow up in the series, named A Victory Denied: Crisis at Smolensk, July-September, 1941 which is still available. From other games based on a chit pull mechanism I may recommend Clash of Giants II, a game that is very solo friendly. Clash of Giants feature very simple rules and can be played in one sitting (if not twice!). There's also great Vassal module available (blink, blink!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.