Thunderstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which rule manual? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to buy the basic thunderstone but since the rules have been revised several time i would like to know which rulebook should i print: Dragonspire? any expansion?

thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Dungeonlord wrote:
I'm going to buy the basic thunderstone but since the rules have been revised several time i would like to know which rulebook should i print: Dragonspire? any expansion?

thanks in advance

Thunderstone 1.4, or Dragonspire. Dragonspire will reference cards in its examples from that set, rather than in the basic set, but otherwise will work fine. None of the expansions contain complete rules; they tend to only explain new features.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Print the 1.4 rules. The only change between those and the Dragonspire rules that I recall is that in Dragonspire, a hero reduced to 0 strength is destroyed (previously if an effect could destroy a hero this way, it would be stated in the effect). They seem to be changing this back in Thunderstone Advance, though, so I would just ignore that rule unless you're playing with cards from the Dragonspire expansion or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
Print the 1.4 rules. The only change between those and the Dragonspire rules that I recall is that in Dragonspire, a hero reduced to 0 strength is destroyed (previously if an effect could destroy a hero this way, it would be stated in the effect). They seem to be changing this back in Thunderstone Advance, though, so I would just ignore that rule unless you're playing with cards from the Dragonspire expansion or later.
Another important difference is that with this new rulings, heroes are destroyed BEFORE they get a chance to atack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Another important difference is that with this new rulings, heroes are destroyed BEFORE they get a chance to atack.

I wouldn't play any cards differently because of this. Basically they're just changing the template of "BATTLE: Destroy a hero" to "AFTERMATH: Destroy a hero" and "BATTLE: Destroy a hero before calculating attack value" to just "BATTLE: Destroy a hero".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

I wouldn't play any cards differently because of this. Basically they're just changing the template of "BATTLE: Destroy a hero" to "AFTERMATH: Destroy a hero" and "BATTLE: Destroy a hero before calculating attack value" to just "BATTLE: Destroy a hero".
?? No matter how you word it, I recall that in DS, if a BATTLE effect causes say,,, 3 lv1 heroes to be destroyed, they get destroyed first, and since they're gone, ud on't have enough attack to kill the monster, whereas in the "classic/original" rules, the heroes would live long enough to defeat the monster, THEN be destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ackmondual wrote:
?? No matter how you word it, I recall that in DS, if a BATTLE effect causes say,,, 3 lv1 heroes to be destroyed, they get destroyed first, and since they're gone, ud on't have enough attack to kill the monster, whereas in the "classic/original" rules, the heroes would live long enough to defeat the monster, THEN be destroyed.

From Dragonspire rules, p.12:
Quote:
Any cards destroyed by a Battle Effect remain in play until the end of the battle — Heroes fight until the bitter end! All other Battle Effects occur during the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Sorry ackmondual, but you are incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaqr wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
Peristarkawan wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Sorry ackmondual, but you are incorrect.
Works out anyways. I never did like that "rule".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.