5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Beatnik Coffee Haus

Subject: The Coffee House Wargamer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
You know, drinking wine, eating cheese.

So, it is not uncommon to find in the Eden War Room an odd juxtaposition of culture.

On the Stereo we have the Greatest Hits of Bob Dylan with some very early Pink Floyd queued up behind it.

The coffee options start with a fresh grind and a fresh pot. We have a choice of four liquors to put in your Joe, along with some flavorings - vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate and caramel. My preference - Sweet N Low with HalfNHalf.

Cold Joe is also kept in the fridge. More Joe is in Ice Trays. a selection of coffee friendly liquors is stored in the fridge - help yourself.

----------------------------------

Between games we have a chance to go outside and visit my attempts at Organic gardening.

Mini greenhouses built from plastic bins. (My tomatoes and peppers are doing nicely.)

In one corner of the Broccoli field I have a vermiculture area - an in ground composting area that is tuned to make the most of worms.

Nothing goes to waste - all non color paper waste and vegetative waste goes to the bin. Coffee grounds and unused beer as well.

--------------------------------------

The Fridge is usually also full of beer - rarely do you need to bring your own - my neighbor brings in about to expire stock from a variety of products in the Miller-Coors Line where he works.

-------------------------------------

Smoking - whatever it is you want to Smoke, bring your own - and do it outside - smoking is not allowed in the War Room - but it is allowed in the tool shed, the garage or outside the Eden War Room entrance, right there by the Zinnias, Roses, Oregano, and other flowers and ground covers at the front.

-------------------------------------

A large variety of Cats exist for your visit with the chronically indifferent but demanding feline.

Several cats often ask to visit the War Room with a kind YOW and/or scratch of the front door - let them in. But watch them - one or two are jumpers, but the commonest visitors are not.

They typically just want a rub and a nap on the couch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
Everyone likes a piece of pie.
badge
That's wonderful. Good for you! I've always wanted to have a haunted house. It's been my lifelong dream!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Cats have names?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Yes, would you like their names?

Monkee - a 3 yr old "Apple Head" Siamese - a big friendly cat. spends most of his days lounging around outside warding off the occasional unwanted visitor.

Frequent War Room door scratcher - confirmed Jumper.

Shadow - 12 years old. As Black as Black Cat can be. Scare of Monkee because he thinks Monkee is a bit too aggressive - if he did not run or hiss at Monkee he would be friends. Yows at the EWR door for Cream - and gets it. Lives between two houses - "adopted" by the twin girls next door.

Confirmed Killer. Frequently brings small animal parts for your acknowledgement. Favorite dish - Squirrel Brain.

HalfNHalf aka Halfie original War Room Kitty - use to practically live there - now has home in tool shed - a loner - does not like other cats - a teenage cat we rescued with adjustment issues - took years of 'therapy' to get her to like humans.

Sandy classic Orange Tabby, 12 years old. Loves attention, lover the EWR, especially when it is cold outside. Not a jumper, but an attention hound. Sheds like all heck.

Bob A 12 year old Manx (notice we got three cats at about the same time 12 years ago). A survivor - lost his left front leg in an impact accident with a car. Hobble on three rather well - missing a fang and his chin has a Hapsburg quality to do to face impacts with the ground due to missing leg and the inherent imbalance of the Max hind legs legs vs Front legs and the tail stub.

Never enters the EWR, but a cream begger like Shadow.

Braxton as in Bragg- a young rescue from Ft Bragg - a Lynx Point Siamese.

Monkee and Braxton spend their nights in the main house; Braxton is a 'kisser' - he likes to nudge your face and stay there as you visit with him. Knows no strangers.

Monkee and Braxton are a team outside. Good, good friends.

Visits the EWR for very short visits - in and out.

Graycee - a Half Breed all grey cat. Either on the back porch or outside. Selective affection seeker - totally alien to the EWR. Not wanting to be approached usually - she makes that choice alone.

Roxee - a "mini coon" - has all the hair and proportions of a Main Coon, but is small. A runt cat. Very typical cat with a healthy dose of indifference - would prefer life as an Only Cat.

Never been in the EWR, and typically does not like 'other people'

Finally, Lillee - a very small young adult full blown Siamese of the Seal Point type - vocal and demanding.

Lives only in the house (or on the porch) - she is the only cat that can reproduce - as in not been 'fixed'. Very demanding cat with lots to say.

That's it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I can afford the cover charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.