Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Chamberlain
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a service that will do custom sticky notes or memo pads with each sheet different, or even a small set of custom sheets over and over?

After looking for it, I realize the cost may be prohibitive even if such a service exists, but just wondering if there are options...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Weldon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MaytagMan wrote:
Does anyone know of a service that will do custom sticky notes or memo pads with each sheet different, or even a small set of custom sheets over and over?

After looking for it, I realize the cost may be prohibitive even if such a service exists, but just wondering if there are options...

Do they have to be sticky? That's the hard part... if you just wanted a memo pad with tear-off sheets, you could even do it yourself: http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/2009/12/how-to-make-a-notepad...

Still, it seems like the sort of thing many digital printshops would offer, if you ask around. Lots of companies get sticky notepads with their company logo and contact info on them or whatever. And as long as you're printing digitally and not offset, it shouldn't cost any more (or at least not much more) to do every page different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll tell you something I've done a few times that you should never do. You could ruin your printer. Financial disaster, job loss, stress-induced digestive discomfort, madness, these are a few of the bad things that could happen to you if you try this ideas.

Don't try this at home.

Let's say I have one or six designs I want to print on post-its. I create the designs on the computer and arrange them all on one page. Then I print this page on ordinary paper.

Then I would place post-its on the page I just printed, covering the designs I want on the post-its. Make sure that the sticky edge of the post-it is toward the top of the page as printed, ie the part that will go through the printer first.

You can guess what comes next, the part that you should never do.

Reload this page, already printed with the post-its now stuck to it, into the paper supply for your printer and print the same page again. If you're lucky, and I've always been lucky, the page will merrily sail through the printer and your designs will be printed on the post-its. If you're unlucky, and you might be so never do this, the post-its will come off in your printer, jam up the works, you'll spend hours trying to dig bits out with a kitchen knife, have to pay to have your now useless printer hauled of to the hazardous waste, and then have to buy a new printer. You may feel inclined to curse my name for sending your life down this woeful path but this would be an injustice, since I am cautioning you most earnestly to forsake this reckless plan.

Obviously printers with straighter, less roundabout paper pathways are better choices, but I first did this on an HP LaserJet (the *original* LaserJet) in the 1980s and it had a pretty gnarly paper pathway, *and* it heated the paper hot enough to give it a little curl. This insane idea still worked every time. I've done it on several models since inkjets as well as lasers, though I couldn't list them. Not that I want to reassure you that this idea is safe, far from it!

Anyway, if you need a few custom post-its this is one idea, foolhardy though it may be.

I usually store the post-its on the carrier-paper so I don't have to unstick and re-stick them too many times, I have also stacked them back up into a pad.

Two other ideas:

Someone makes full-sheet post-its for printers. You print on them, you cut them up, 100% of the back is sticky. Not cheap, but very printer safe.

Someone makes a glue-stick like applicator of post-it-like adhesive. You print your design, cut it out, apply this goo to the back, now it's a post-it. I didn't have great luck with it, but I think mine was dried out or something. It's very cheap to try this out. Also, there's no way you can ruin your printer this way unless you try to put the glue stick applicator through your printer. Avoid that.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.stik2it.com/post-it-notes-with-low-minimums-ships...

If you google "custom printed post it", there are a lot of places that'll make em for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean something like Yamodo! ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chamberlain
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
Do you mean something like Yamodo! ?

Yes, exactly. What I am investigating is using them for Delve: The Dice Game where you would have a pad with a few heroes, then the monsters/treasures/traps that you would go through, kind of like a disposable version of the cards I tried for the "advanced" version.

I've tried searching again, and can still only find places that do a single design on all pages, but have not tried contacting any shops directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hull
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
You can have better idea about custom sticky notes at PromoDirect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of games that come with pads to pull off printed notes.

Heroquest and Clue come to mind right off. Good ol' Graph paper comes in this format too.

The easiest method is to print off the different types on seperate pads. Rather than trying to aglomerate it all onto one pad.

Can be done, but will cost a little more and can be done more elegantly with seperate pads, especially if say one type of sheet gets used up more than another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Aire
msg tools
mb
3m provides this service (either alternating designs, or a custom design on every page) for their post-it notes. Look at http://promote.3m.com/tl/Note-Pads/Print-Options/20 for both options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.