6 Posts

Thunderstone» Forums » General

Subject: Thunderstone Noob question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Allen

Maryland
msg tools
Looking for a solo card game i can buy and get a lot out of. I have to play most of my games by myself because of my schedule. Is this game the best card game to get to play solo or co-op? And do the expansions allow you to play solo or co-op as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a co-op game.

The single player is "ok"... it was worth a couple of plays from me but nothing more.

For real *fun* single player games, i'd look at games dedicated for single players, like Space Infantry.

The only co-op game that i would also recommend for single player is Ghost Stories. It's not a card game however, even though there's lots of cards in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to disagree, I really enjoy this game solo and competitively. Thunderstone Advance is actually where you should start out if you want to jump into this game. There are tons of different cards to use per game, so each play through will not be the same. Watch some videos and see if its a game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game is fine solo. Another that you might want to take a look at is The Dungeon of D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no co-op mode I'm aware of for this game. Perhaps a scour through the variants section will change that, but AFAIK, it ain't official.

I think it ain't too shabby for a solo game. The expansions give you even more cards to play with, which provides for an even greater variety of card combinations (monsters, heroes, and other village stuff). I've played several co-op games solitaire, such as Pandemic, Shadows Over Camelot, BSG with its special rules, Ghost Stories, and this, but in the end, I'm lazy and personally don't feel like setting things up. If I'm shuffling for 1 to 4 other people, then I feel it's more worth it. That's the main reason I've only played these types of games only once or twice.

But yeah, as suggested, there are videos of gameplay out there. The game's also on Facebook, and will make its way onto iOS in about.... 6 months from now? (it's been announced, but still a bit of ways off)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Barker
United States
Winchester
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a co-op mode. Rules for this are in Dragonspire rule book, I think. I played a co-op game last weekend and had fun. Game plays great solo too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.