Subject: China Shop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Howard
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Any advice for China Shop? My friends and I are having a heck of a time with it! We have beaten it in 2 player, but have yet to complete it on 3 player. Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only tried it a handful of times, but I've never even made it to the Hammer of Dawn. No idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me neither, China Shop is tough.

There was a thread awhile ago about a father and son who were effectively gaming the system, always having one of the players, stay 2 spaces or more away from the berzker and that player playing an attack card to draw it one space away and then they'd repeat the process.

I think they were successful but everytime I've played it, I've been crushed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More of the same experience... I haven't been able to stay alive long enough to offer much advice. Watching other's suggestions myself.

(It has taken me longer to set the scenario up than I've been able to stay alive in a few attempts. shake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bird

Evansville
Indiana
msg tools
This level has been the bane of my existence (solo and with friends) as well.

The first few times we played this we made the mistake of wiping out all the other locusts on the map. Since most AI cards that don't have a figure they can affect tell you to draw a new card, we would cycle through the A and B locust cards until we got the berserker cards. This pretty much gave the berserker super-speed. He would activate two or three times in a row. Then, squish, squish, squish. COG-paste.

I've since decided that the berserker doesn't need three super powers (throwing super-speed on top of super-strength and invulnerability). He seems to do just fine with the two. I'll leave at least a wretch alive which means I don't have to hear from the berserker quite so often.

I still haven't won the mission but I tend to get a lot closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried it 2 times solO, and won both. Use the guy who gives you an extra movement, and single player is a breeze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Single player is a breeze on most of the scenarios. Once you throw in extra players the difficulty ramps up significantly. I have beat it on my first try recently with two players. I think a lot of it has to do with luck of the die and luck of the cards.

I don't see how the strategy of having one guy stay 2 spaces away will work. The berserker has to move to the door and if the guy is leading it to the door there a whole bunch of locusts ahead that he will have to deal with on his own. And since he's getting all of the attacks from the berserker, it won't be long before he is bleeding out.

"The Belly of the Beast" is the one I'm trying to finish with 2 players right now. 5 goes and no luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kwan
Australia
VIC
flag msg tools
My friends and I finially beat china shop with 3 players.
The way we did it was just run for the exit as fast as we can.
While running for the exit we will attack any locusts that was in the way. Once we got to the exit, we just wait for them to come to us.

Note if any cog bleed out while getting to the exit, leave them there.
Unless it is safe and no locusts is around. Just get to the exit as fast as possible and just let the bleeder crawl to you.

See if this help. We haven't play china shop again so not to sure if we're just lucky laugh

PS. Roadie Run is your best friend for this mission

Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzk175 wrote:
While running for the exit we will attack any locusts that was in the way. Once we got to the exit, we just wait for them to come to us.

Unless it is safe and no locusts is around. Just get to the exit as fast as possible and just let the bleeder crawl to you.

See if this help. We haven't play china shop again so not to sure if we're just lucky laugh

Good luck

Roadie run is how i beat this mission 3-player, and its a lot easier with one player being dominique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
Jazzk175 wrote:

Good luck

Roadie run is how i beat this mission 3-player, and its a lot easier with one player being dominique.

These are pretty much the tactics we used to beat it 2 player. When the berserker finally caught up we'd have 1 player sat on the exit space and they would then make an attack to move the berseker onto the exit space. The best way to do this was to attack and then move off the space (either into the new area or back the way you came), or to move back and throw a grenade onto the exit space.
This tactic will only really work if the berserker is on the space next to the exit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like last weekend, I tried my luck again (12th try actually) at defeating this scenario playing solo with two characters. This time, I got within 2 wounds of eliminating the Berserker before a swarm of Wretches overwhelmed me. Doh! So close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took 13 attempts, but I finally defeated the Berserker in the China Shop scenario this past week.

...onto the next scenario when I get back around to this one.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Cheatham
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We are moving along quite handily. Last two scenarios with three players and barely made. Two of us were down, when the last cog killed the bad guy and then had enough breathing room to revive us.

We have a house rule that helps just a bit. when you heal a cog, instead of discarding a card, give the card to the cog. This does two things. It allows them to sustain one hit again before their turn comes around and you could give them a very useful card. This definitely helps when playing with three players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poweronoff
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found this mission very hard with 3 or 4 players. We tried four times and never made it.

But I recently beat it in solo game. I had Marcus, and just ran for the exit as fast as I could, dealing with other Locust on the way only if I had to. Using "Follow" cards to move one space more in solo play helps a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice skills.

The one time i tried it solo I died on the second space. Not tile, space.

I was trying to kite her out of the way to pick something up and it all went horribly wrong.

Beat it on two player after a couple of attempt. I definitely like the feel of you running away from her!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
we played this last saturday 3 player, and managed to get to the last room. the corridors arent too hard, its just as case of making sure you use your follow actions, attack when you need to and dont attack the wretches if it will bring the berserker where you dont want it. Follow is probably the one piece of teamwork in GoW that gets overlooked but is the most useful as it could potentially mean moving 20 area in 1 full game turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo R.
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[solo]
I've also been having trouble with this one. I have a very good (imo) record at Emergence day: with all four characters, 12 Cogs, 10 Locust.
But at China Shop, I'm currently 2 wins with Marcus (0 Locust) but 2 wins with Dominique and 9 for the Locust... Baird isn't faring better, currently with 0 wins and 3 losses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.