Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state, "As a general rule, when you do something to one of your own pieces, you may change its orientation..."

"Do something to" seems a little vague to me and I just wanted a clarification for a particular situation.

When I play Judgment from my hand, I choose one of my minions on the board and then I get to draw cards from the discard depending on how many pips it has. Can I change that minion's orientation after I draw the cards? My gut says no because I don't really feel like I "did anything to" that minion.

But I wanted to get other opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
randomlife wrote:
Can I change that minion's orientation after I draw the cards?

I would say no. Similarly, if you play a cup/disc/rod/sword to have one of your minions create/grow/push/shrink another, you only get to change the orientation of the target minion, not the one which actually used the power of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are incredibly vague throughout. I didn't even know you could reorient pieces after "doing something" to them.

Whoever wrote these rules did a terrible job. I constant;y had to ask myself, "how does this work?" Not just on Major Arcana, but on the four suits and basic turn options.

When I learned Zarcana, I read the rules once and knew exactly how to play. Everything was clear and refined.

I'm still trying to sort out all the questions I have about Gnostica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone C. Profile
msg tools
michaeljzerby wrote:
The rules are incredibly vague throughout. I didn't even know you could reorient pieces after "doing something" to them.

How the heck did you miss that, though? It's given twice: once under "Orientation and Targeting," and then again under each of the powers where it applies (rods, discs, swords). I don't see how that specific rule could have been written more clearly than it was.

EDIT: it's also mentioned under "Orient Thoughtfully" in the strategy section of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pfennighaus
United States
Croton-On-Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Cover your heart!
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
randomlife wrote:
Can I change that minion's orientation after I draw the cards?

I would say no. Similarly, if you play a cup/disc/rod/sword to have one of your minions create/grow/push/shrink another, you only get to change the orientation of the target minion, not the one which actually used the power of the card.

+1 to this reading. This is how we play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.