Popular Tags: [View All]
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will it end!!! I think I'll hold out and back it when I can push it over the $150,000 goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space for rent
mb
Re: $100,000 stretch goal reached
cedric18 wrote:
When will it end!!! I think I'll hold out and back it when I can push it over the $150,000 goal.

Which should be what...Tuesday?

Though I am a little surprised it got this big so quickly. I backed it as soon as I saw the email when I got home from work (about 3 hours after it was sent out), and I still missed out on the "Name an Ogre" level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$200,000 stretch goal's the important one, I think.

So we're halfway there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I kept putting off supporting the project out of laziness, but motivated by the $200,000 goal, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the $100 package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:
$200,000 stretch goal's the important one, I think.

So we're halfway there

Yeah, that's the one that really makes a difference. Having all those maps linkable will allow some of the bigger scenarios from Shockwave and the later expansions possible without having to buy extra maps which are pretty expensive.

I'd love to see all the maps made available. There's all those others from Ogre Battlefields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also worthwhile to note, there is still no international options for the game, it's all USA only.

So what we're seeing is ONLY the US contingent of Ogre supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:
Also worthwhile to note, there is still no international options for the game, it's all USA only.

So what we're seeing is ONLY the US contingent of Ogre supporters.

Good point Slev, I would love a copy but I am not sure if my local games shop will be able to get a copy. It all depends on the one local importer/distributor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I WOULD back it now if I COULD. Make it $120 for international backers if you must.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
I WOULD back it now if I COULD. Make it $120 for international backers if you must.

According to my research, If I where to buy a copy of this game and post it back to the USA, I'd pay £50 for the privilege.

If I where to fly to the USA and buy it, at current exchange rates, I'd pay £60.

If they can get the game shipped over here for $20, I'd be amazed, ecstatic and put them forward for a Nobel prize as they'd obviously have mastered quantum tunnelling.
;P

I have £100/$140 set aside for this game. I *may* have to save up a little more, especially with those extras...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
Alright I suppose someone has to ask. What's so good about Ogre, its a light fantasy tank wargame right? ninja

Yes, it is.

It's also a new edition with double-sized boards and pieces, compatible with the miniatures line, and includes the GEV and Shockwave expansions, and a slew of bits from other expansions.

It's also been out of print a looooooong time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slev wrote:
If they can get the game shipped over here for $20, I'd be amazed, ecstatic and put them forward for a Nobel prize as they'd obviously have mastered quantum tunnelling.

It's because (as I said) the shipping rate to/fro the US is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. It was way cheaper (counting inflation) 20 years ago. During the 90s, I used to order anime stuff from the States, and I sure didn't pay $40 or $50 for the postage.

Getting games shipped for $20 apiece isn't quantum tunnelling if you ship a thousand copies. Shipping within the Euro zone is much cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, a representative of SJG has stated several times on the BGGN thread that they actually are looking into the international shipping issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
It's because (as I said) the shipping rate to/fro the US is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. It was way cheaper (counting inflation) 20 years ago. During the 90s, I used to order anime stuff from the States, and I sure didn't pay $40 or $50 for the postage.

Getting games shipped for $20 apiece isn't quantum tunnelling if you ship a thousand copies. Shipping within the Euro zone is much cheaper.

You're typically looking at $15-ish to ship a small packet. Something the size/weight of Ogre would be more.

Yes, as they'd be using commercial shipping, I'd expect it to be less than the £50/$70 I was quoted, but not that much. There's also the question of if they are covering import duty or not.

Corwin1980 wrote:
FYI, a representative of SJG has stated several times on the BGGN thread that they actually are looking into the international shipping issue.

Indeed they have and I'm waiting somewhat-patiently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
International purchases via Kickstarter seem to be having a few problems at the moment. There are people who backed projects who have seen the game they backed in a UK store before their reward copy has been delivered.

I know of a number of UK gamers who are seriously considering avoiding kickstarter projects because of the combined issues of shipping cost and delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed a flat rate medium USPS box to Australia about a month ago. It cost about $50 USD.... This game box is bigger and heavier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammy wrote:
I know of a number of UK gamers who are seriously considering avoiding kickstarter projects because of the combined issues of shipping cost and delay.

And it's our desire to not have a foreign (outside of US) backer who would run into the same problem with Ogre that has us holding off on shipping internationally. We will have an international option, but we want to exhaust every option before settling on a decision.

Note: There are other reasons for our delay. All of the reasons are specifically because we want to ship the game to backers in a trackable method that doesn't cost 3x the game's cost. We are working on the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
I mailed a flat rate medium USPS box to Australia about a month ago. It cost about $50 USD.... This game box is bigger and heavier.

Randy, our Conventions Manager, suggested that the next time we want to make a monster of a game we design it to fit in one of those
Riority mail flat rate boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

I'd love to see all the maps made available. There's all those others from Ogre Battlefields.

It seems like we are getting the GEV + shockwave map + G2 from battlefields and 1 of either S2 or S3

So were already getting half the battlefield maps (doublesided for now...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corwin1980 wrote:

I know. I'm still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
We will have an international option, but we want to exhaust every option before settling on a decision.

Count on me backing then.

Whether the game comes sooner or later to me than to the shops here is pretty irrelevant, at least for me. For all I care, I'd be happy to back it, and then just simply get a voucher that I can get the game with in some game store over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
PhilReed wrote:
We will have an international option, but we want to exhaust every option before settling on a decision.

Count on me backing then.

Whether the game comes sooner or later to me than to the shops here is pretty irrelevant, at least for me. For all I care, I'd be happy to back it, and then just simply get a voucher that I can get the game with in some game store over here.

This!

ps: Can one of you guys tell my girlfriend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else overseas concerned about not being able to get the 75K and 140K Kickstarter Exclusives?

(Bonus countersheet and bonus Terrain Overlays sheet).

It doesn't bother me if I can't get the game on Kickstarter if I can get it later at retail (though I'd like to support the Kickstarter project if feasible).

It does bother me if, as an oversas fan, only U.S. customers can get an exclusive (which isn't just fluff and which makes the game better), which I simply can't get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:
Anyone else overseas concerned about not being able to get the 75K and 140K Kickstarter Exclusives?

It doesn't bother me if I can't get the game on Kickstarter if I can get it later at retail (though I'd like to support the Kickstarter project if feasible).

It does bother me if, as an oversas fan, only U.S. customers can get an exclusive (which isn't just fluff and which makes the game better), which I simply can't get.

Already answered your same point here (for those not watching the other thread): http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8943176#8943176
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:

How does the 75k bonus not apply to everyone? Here it is:

Quote:
$75,000 - GOAL ACHIEVED! We're about to post a survey to see what YOU want on the new counters. Another bonus! We will create a big Exclusive Kickstarter Counter Sheet and add it FREE to every Ogre game ordered through Kickstarter. A double chipboard sheet (about 10" x 16") of 3-D counters, including a lot more buildings and one each Ogre Mk III and Mk V with graphics exclusive to Kickstarter supporters. New Ogre colors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
How does the 75k bonus not apply to everyone? Here it is:

You only get the 75k exclusive if you get the game through Kickstarter (i.e. at the $100 or higher backer level).

They're currently not offering overseas shipping at that level.

Even if they did, shipping costs would probably make it not feasible for most overseas fans.

So what we're hoping for overseas is that they'll offer the bonuses as extra addons (like the extra dice) that you can still get if overseas.

e.g. An extra 75k countersheet for $5 for something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.