Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb

Present: Doug, Debbie, Tina, Donna, Craig, David, Alan, Bernie, Julian C., Jack, Karen

Last one for the year, see you all next year!

Despite not being all that impressed by this game last week, I read through the team rules and thought it was worth trying again with those rules. David wanted to try it, so we sat down for a seven player team game.

During the first hand Craig, Karen, Jack and Julian appeared, so Debbie and Bernie left at the end of the hand to join them, leaving us with five players to finish off the game. Using the team rules, the game seems to work much better, with added tactics such as the swapping of cards with your partner, the "asking for help" rules, and the scoring options triggered by hedgehogs and lions. In short, I found the game twice as good this week compared to last week.

My only concern is that it seems to take 2 or 3 hands to reach the required 19 points for a win, which imparts a sort of "it's over just as it was getting interesting" sensation. Perhaps 29 points would make for a more rewarding game?

In the end we played two games.

Game 1
Donna: 19
Tina: 19
David: 13
Alan: 13
Doug: 11 Morale - don't play with partners who score zero! :)

Game 2
Doug: 22
David: 17
Tina: 15
Donna: 11
Alan: 8

Doug's rating: 6, up from 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.