Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an interesting letter after a first time play - sounded like the guys missed out on the strategy of this lil' gem. More importantly, sounds like somewhere I've given out the impression that this is a simple, easy game - it ain't, as they so eloquently noted.

It *IS* a complicated game! There are levels of strategy here that you won't find on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th play through. We're STILL finding cool little tricks. They are embedded in the Sequence of Play and the whole concept of the hidden set-up. You must PURPOSELY create losing lines to strengthen the others.

They mentioned rounds where they come up with practically no WARRIORS. This makes the INITIATIVE bid that much more important. The bidding can be a trap that bites you in the butt - or crushes your opponent.

I don't attempt to pretend that all my games are for all people. Not all games are.

This one is not for the casual player.

My point is this - the strategies are there... but you won't find them if you are fighting the game system. If you've tried this little gem and have questions - don't hesitate to ask!

Your Buddy, Chester

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a Kickstarter project to me.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester Hendrix
United States
Marysville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ski - you were right 5 years ago... you're even more right now!

To all -

Thanks for your support over the years. As far as the CHAOS PROGENITUS/DAEMON DICE playtest sets, I have completely revamped the dice and icon distribution. See new threads generated in the past week.

COMBAT LINES is rebooting under its own themes and dice icons - please feel free to join in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.